Come the Inquisitor

Endur

First Post
Let's say that you have a town where the highest level character is a 10th level cleric and various evil forces are infiltrating the town.

You run the Church in the nearby major city and are thinking about sending an Inquisitor to deal with the evil forces in the town. You don't know how powerful these evil forces are, but you think they are more powerful than your local cleric, and they are subtle to boot.

What level Inquisitor do you send?

Torm

Explorer
I would go Myself, of course!

Frequently, though, DMs won't allow that - something about it being no fun for the players to basically just listen to narration of a god cleaning up town. ;)

Seriously, though, I think you're putting the cart before the horse. The question isn't what level would I send - the answer to that will always be "as high as possible." It's "What level is available reasonably nearby?" Is there a city nearby with a 15th level Cleric? An 18th? A 16th level Paladin? Heck, a 20th level Druid that is friendly to the church? Whatcha got? :)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I once ran a whole campaign based on PCs as Inquistors (actually they started doing Artifact recoveries and did Inquisition stuff later).

The first thing to do is send in spies these can be any level since their duty is to discover IF the inqusitors are needed and assess what the nature of the threat is

Only once the assessment is done should you be sending in High level Inqusitors for the expres purpsoe of beating up the bad guys

ergo

Adventure 1: (Low - Mid levels) Infiltrate the town and find out whats going on

Adventure 2:(Mid-levels) Track down the Temple of Doom, identify the leaders, report back to the Church

Adventure 3: (Mid-Higer levels) Send in the big guns to storm the Temple of Doom and close down the Evil Cult (capture and/or kill the bad guys before the awaken Cuthllu)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases