Lessons learned from last Saturday's D&D game.

Jeph

Explorer
1) When you have a character with 44 HP that takes 40 damage from one spell--half of which is Vile damage--RUN AWAY!

2) When acting in accordance with #1, do not leave your allies behind by using your last Teleport for the day to get to another continent.

3) If you mistakenly carry out #2, at least remember to have the damn Vile damage taken care of before you get back!

--Jeff, making bad decisions

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I feel your pain.

I'm in a group that meets about once a month and we're slogging through RttToEE. The fact that we meet once a month causes us to make some decisions that are ... unwise. The death toll so far is about 9.

ph34r

First Post
Jeph said:
2) When acting in accordance with #1, do not leave your allies behind by using your last Teleport for the day to get to another continent.

Hey, it's either them or all of you. ;)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
As the adage goes: You just need to run away faster than the slowest character.

ronpurvis

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
As the adage goes: You just need to run away faster than the slowest character.

Ragnavin the Barbarian asks the wizard: "Why you wear those funny shoes?"

Johan the Wizard replies: "So I can run away faster than you."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Of course, the wizard's Nikes pale in comparison to a Barbarian's fast movement. Still, it's important to always have an escape plan so that way you can leave those other suckers...err, your companions, behind to be slaughtered.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
I get annoyed by players who think their PCs can just die and they can roll up new ones. That's why I think there should be some kind of pain factor in d20. Make the PCs feel pain and have it affect their abilities. I know there are a lot of house rules for that, but wonder if anyone can recommend some...

Jeph

Explorer
Hammerhead said:
Of course, the wizard's Nikes pale in comparison to a Barbarian's fast movement.

But, then, even Fast Movement withers before the glory of magic that breaks the Intermediate Value Theorum.

As for pain rules, we once declared characters Disabled (can only take a partial action each round, and -1 HP if you do so) when they reach 10% of their Hit Points (instead of just 0). It seemed to work smoothely, and didn't slow the game down by adding more modifiers that need to be factored in.

--Jeff

possum

First Post
Jeph said:
But, then, even Fast Movement withers before the glory of magic that breaks the Intermediate Value Theorum.

As for pain rules, we once declared characters Disabled (can only take a partial action each round, and -1 HP if you do so) when they reach 10% of their Hit Points (instead of just 0). It seemed to work smoothely, and didn't slow the game down by adding more modifiers that need to be factored in.

--Jeff

Good rule there, I think I may use it.

Quasqueton

First Post
From my game:

1) Always read the writing on the wall.

2) Drinking from a dark, nasty well can have very dark, nasty side effects.

3) Tis better to pull/push your paralyzed (with fear) companion out of the dangerous room than to leap into the room and attack the mummies.

Quasqueton

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases