battletech

spigadang

First Post
Does any one know of good battletech websites. (noncomputer ) Looking for a good mech generator also. I find it strange not many posts for BT on this website. Thanks

AIM-54

First Post
Well, first I'd recommend FanPro's Official BattleTech Site to start off. I haven't really played the game since before FASA went under, so I can't give you much more than that. Love the table top system and the universe, especially some of the horrendous amount of detail that goes into some of the sourcebooks.

But the Mechwarrior RPG is crap. You're better off running it as an extension of the BT wargame.

I don't really know why you'd need a generator either. At least when I played it was easy enough that me and my friends would often throw together mechs during math class. There are plenty of websites with unique designs on them, so it wouldn't surprise me if such a thing exists, however. Try Googling it, if you haven't already.

Finally, this is a D&D/d20 board, threads about stuff not under those designations and further not about fantasy tend to fall by the wayside pretty quickly.

Ranger REG

Explorer
AIM-54 said:
But the Mechwarrior RPG is crap. You're better off running it as an extension of the BT wargame.
Not that crappy. I'm more partial to the simple 2nd edition version over the latest 3rd edition.

But I'm kinda hoping to see a d20 or SRD-based version.

AIM-54

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Not that crappy. I'm more partial to the simple 2nd edition version over the latest 3rd edition.

But I'm kinda hoping to see a d20 or SRD-based version.

Of course that's a matter of opinion, but my group never could get real traction with it. :\ I haven't played 2nd edition in years and years, but the combat system just seems overly complex in 3rd (and I usually have no problems with complexity!). We only really got going running it using the BT rules. I think we were also somewhat disappointed that it seemed geared for Shadowrun style play in the MW universe...if you've ever read the story in the MW3 book then you know what I mean. Probably wouldn't turn down another opportunity to play it.

On the other hand, it has among the best character creation systems known to man. Making a MW character is just plain fun. :)

Wolf72

Explorer
fanpro's site is already listed ...

also try www.chaosmarch.com , a very useful site ...

a random mech generator, or a mech design program?

for mech design try The Drawing Board (on chaosmarch.com ... it's a free download) or from fanpro you can get the Heavy Metal series of programs (money=quality and official-ness)

Remove ads