Bastion's campaign sketches/art and REQUESTs

Verbatim

Explorer
BastionLightbringer said:
Thanks Verbatim. Well, Zeric is next, but I have a couple of questions.

I am not that familiar w hexblades, but does Zeric use a sword or just the mornigstar. Also I usually play in th eforgotten realms, so I dont know much about Hextor & cuthbert, but why is he training as a servent of hextor but he worships Cuthbert? I guess it doesnt matter for the drawing but i was curious.

I will start it tonight, so I may finish tonight or Monday night.

Bastion

The concept of Zeric came from wanting to play a darker hero and the Hexblade to me was a good choice in the matter. Hexblade's are a sorc/fighter mix and their main ability is their curse power. When I said his training as a Hextorite, I meant that he learned how to tap into the curse power while he was a forced initiate into the faith. When he tried to escape from the church, he was "excommunicated" and left for dead in the middle of a trade road, his face scarred and a brand burned into his back letting all know none should offer him aide. However, when some returning clergy of St Cuthbert saw him, they stabilized him and took him into their church to properly tend his wounds. He has since then sworn his allegiance to St. Cuthbert and has taken Cuthbert's teachings of vengence to heart and acts as the "sword" of the faith.

He currently only uses the morningstar and has taken the Weapon Focus feat on it, but he does also have a pair of spiked gauntlets that he wears should he not be able to get to his weapon, or a more "personal" touch be needed when dealing with others on church business.

Hope this helps clear some of the confusion and sorry if I got long winded...:)

Take your time on the drawing, as you are doing me a huge huge favor and I'll never rush anyone who is helping me out like that..:)

Well, Verbatim here is Zeric. I 'm not sure I captured the character the way you wanted. If you want the cloak added let me know.

Hope you like.

Bastion
hexblade3.jpg

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Bastion...the char looks awesome...like I really don't know what to say awesome..:)

Thank you so much for drawing him, and if you want to throw the cloak on him, I won't tell you no, but truthfully, he looks great as he is. Thank you so much for doing his sketch...

I hate to say it, but I can't wait until you get some of the others made so I can throw another sketch your way. If you don't mind that is..:)

Thanks again man...

Hunter

First Post
Edwin and Pick
Bastion I really like this illo!
The character of Pick is very interesting both in concept and how you designed his adamantine body plates. I especially like your design of his face mask.
Very cool image!

Hunter

Verbatim, your welcome.

Hunter, thanks.

ThornMD, I will post Lysian tomorrow. Its almost done, just have to put some finishing touches. I wanted to finish tonight, but its late. Sleepy.

Bastion

Verbatim

Explorer
Great pic Bastion. He looks like a Set guard from the Conan the Barbarian..:)

I can't wait to see what you think of next and if the slate is ever clear enough for me to impose another request on you, I would love to see your take on my "oldest" char here on the boards.

However, I don't want to be a sketch hog, so I will wait until you give me the green light to post his details.

Great work as always...:)

[sblock]OOC: Also, if you are interested in some comission work, I wouldn't mind paying for some sketches when you have the time. My e-mail is crow112101 at yahoo dot com.[/sblock]

Remove ads