Adding non-support search for Gamers Seeking Gamers?

Arc

First Post
I was looking through the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum just a few minutes ago, trying to find any groups that play in the USC/Downtown LA area, and had a bit of a thought. How convenient and effective would it be if non-supporters could do searches, but only in the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum? I know that the feature is disabled across all forums to cut down the load on the server, and to give supporters that extra special feeling (no harm meant, I've actually bought accounts for friends, just never had the spare $ for myself). Currently, the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum doesn't seem to get a lot of use, and is rather hard to navigate, since finding the few threads you want involves slogging through page after page of unrelated ones. I really think adding search to just this forum would be very, very useful for those who need it, and not constitute any major sort of strain on the server.

Of course, with all the code hiccups we've had recently, I suppose getting the current board stable is more of a priority. However, it'd be nice if this was under consideration for future changes.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We have something really cool planned for GsG, but it's months away. I'm not sure we can turn on search for everyone but only in one forum... I'll check.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases