Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
ajanders said:
Anybody know how to build a wiki?

Simple as pie, and that's an absolutely BRILLIANT idea! I've started a Wikipedia entry to compile the whole thread: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sovereign_Dominion_of_Eyros

For those who have never heard of Wikipedia, it's basically a free, completely open encyclopedia. You can make interconnected articles, search, and do all sorts of fun stuff with it. It's great!

-blarg

Rystil Arden

First Post
blargney the second said:
Simple as pie, and that's an absolutely BRILLIANT idea! I've started a Wikipedia entry to compile the whole thread: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sovereign_Dominion_of_Eyros

For those who have never heard of Wikipedia, it's basically a free, completely open encyclopedia. You can make interconnected articles, search, and do all sorts of fun stuff with it. It's great!

-blarg
Cool!!! Now what we should do is Wiki the NPC dictionary from the other thread and make all the name references within other references into links between articles

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Wow I didn't know you were allowed to put made-up stuff on Wiki, now that I know wait and see we're my homebrew notes are appearing:D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Tonguez said:
Wow I didn't know you were allowed to put made-up stuff on Wiki, now that I know wait and see we're my homebrew notes are appearing:D
Actually, we're only allowed to put Eyros on there because it is secretly real. How do you think we all know so much about it? We've been there.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Rystil Arden said:
Its similar to how in Nennius's account of the Historia Brittonum the Britons who come to Gaul and establish the land of Brittany take Gaulish wives, but they cut out the wives' tongues to prevent their children from learning the language (ouch!), so that they could keep their British culture.

Damn can we work that tidbit in somewhere - the Human Nobles are allowed to take Elf wives as long as they cut out their tongues!!:) The difference in House Kiron is that Elfs keep their tongues

Anyway if not that then I suppose it needs to be stated that

'Half-elves are considered to be Human for legal purposes and to be part of their Human rather than elf lineage. Nonetheless those of Half-Elf descent can not be considered for the Monarchy and as they apparently are not cross-fertile with Orcs there is little chance of an Elf-tainted Half-Orc rising to power (or is there...)'

Goblyn

Explorer
Contribution

Tonguez said:
Damn can we work that tidbit in somewhere - the Human Nobles are allowed to take Elf wives as long as they cut out their tongues!!:) The difference in House Kiron is that Elfs keep their tongues

'Half-elves are considered to be Human for legal purposes and to be part of their Human rather than elf lineage. Nonetheless those of Half-Elf descent can not be considered for the Monarchy and as they apparently are not cross-fertile with Orcs there is little chance of an Elf-tainted Half-Orc rising to power (or is there...)'

Somewhere on the plains of Eyros the ground swells almost imperceptibly in an indistinguishably large area. Underneath lives a city-hive of what travelers have termed 'bug-men' (see Dromites from XPH). Year by year the hive grows, unintentionally 'stealing' land from the sovereign dominion of Eyros.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Tonguez said:

Maybe they cut out the tongues of dwarf wives? Since they outlaw the Dwarven language and all. And hey, if you like that kind of stuff, read Nennius's Historia Brittonum at http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/nennius-full.html

Its got some interesting stuff, contradicts itself, but interesting

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases