Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

Abisashi

First Post
Contribution - the sealing.

Khorod said:
The ancient spell that extended the lives of the Elves was directly tied to the ritually established borders of their nation. Those ancient borders currently include 95% of the current nation of Eyros, and more besides. If a Mask leaves the confines of this range, they will slowly break free from the effects of the magic- aging and maturing normally.

Certain areas along the borders are known to degrade the bonds of the Guardian Masks, and so the Masks do not stand at the actual borders. This creates several zones most prone to foreign invasion.

Since this property of the Masking effect is not realized, any new expansion of the borders would slowly free the Guardian Masks.

Approximately 7,500 years ago Taufenacht was defeated by a group of heroes, including Rrahask Sshasaar, and his armies were defeated by a coalition led by the elves who afterward came to control what would one day be the empire of Eyros. Alsixnivis was born shortly before his fall, and it is rumored that others were as well. The heroes slew one wyrmling, but said there were the remains of several eggs by the time they got there. It is possible that these other dragons are also loyal to Taufenacht, but this is unkown. This is a rather ancient tidbit, though it's not really a secret.

Last edited:

Abisashi

First Post
Khorod said:
Well, since deep knowledge is not complete knowledge, it does not necessarily contradict.

However, let it be known that it is not contradicting me if someone decides to make a contribution to the effect that someone does know- I think there's potential there. I'll edit my post accordingly.

A good policy in general, I think.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Abisashi said:
This seems in conflict Thanatos's deep knowledge of the oaths, though he's quite possibly the only one who knows. Perhaps he has directed the emperor to not expand the borders any further? I don't think he wants the masks released.
We've had a few, "Oops, and Thanatos knows," moments in the past, so it will probably work out.

Khorod said:
The ancient spell that extended the lives of the Elves was directly tied to the ritually established borders of their nation. Those ancient borders currently include 95% of the current nation of Eyros, and more besides. If a Mask leaves the confines of this range, they will slowly break free from the effects of the magic- aging and maturing normally.

Certain areas along the borders are known to degrade the bonds of the Guardian Masks, and so the Masks do not stand at the actual borders. This creates several zones most prone to foreign invasion.

Since this property of the Masking effect is not publicly known nor realized by the Pillars, any new expansion of the borders would slowly and surprisingly free the Guardian Masks.

EDIT: This secret can now be spread. I suggest few know of it, but that is for someone else to decide.

Few prisons exist in Eyros, and those that do are intended mostly to hold people pre-trial, to hold POWs, or to hold only the most violent of convicted criminals. Most crimes in Eyros are instead punished by conscription into the armies or indentured servitude (either to the government or the victims of the crime, based on circumstances). The length of service is related to the damage caused in the crime, but always involves the convict working enough hours to pay back any losses or damages 10 times over (at the bare minimum). Anyone considered too violent to be used as an indentured servant or soldier is most likely scheduled for execution.

domino

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Few prisons exist in Eyros, and those that do are intended mostly to hold people pre-trial, to hold POWs, or to hold only the most violent of convicted criminals. Most crimes in Eyros are instead punished by conscription into the armies or indentured servitude (either to the government or the victims of the crime, based on circumstances). The length of service is related to the damage caused in the crime, but always involves the convict working enough hours to pay back any losses or damages 10 times over (at the bare minimum). Anyone considered too violent to be used as an indentured servant or soldier is most likely scheduled for execution.
One way or another, we need to find some way to reason this post with the scheduled execution for the guards who let the crown jewels get stolen on them. Maybe because they already WERE a soldier, and thus proven incompetent, they couldn't be conscripted again, so it's to the killing with them?

Rystil Arden

First Post
domino said:
One way or another, we need to find some way to reason this post with the scheduled execution for the guards who let the crown jewels get stolen on them. Maybe because they already WERE a soldier, and thus proven incompetent, they couldn't be conscripted again, so it's to the killing with them?
Seems clear to me: Prisons, no. Executions, yes. We already know that they would execute Alivia if they thought she was free-willed (and thus traitorous), so why not execute guards who seemed to be traitorous (i.e. the story of the glowing girl seems farfetched, so maybe they thought the guards were traitors) or at least incompetent. Alternatively, since the guards could never work off ten times the value of the royal trappings, perhaps they were executed for that reason.

Arkhandus

First Post
Mouseferatu said:

Recently, a firre (elf-like eladrin with fiery hair) prophet has appeared in the northeastern lands, passing through Saagersberg and Indracca, singing prophetic verses in the Celestial tongue to anyone he meets, but most cannot understand the holy language. Rumor says that Conquers Twice did not let the firre linger long in Saagersberg, for he was agitated by some of the prophet's cryptic verses and their bodings.

Khorod

First Post
Mouseferatu said:

Maybe soldiers who fail are given to the Praetorii Thanatos to serve in the undead army...

EDIT: Ooops, miscounted the number of contributions. Will repost later.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Khorod said:
Maybe soldiers who fail are given to the Praetorii Thanatos to serve in the undead army...

EDIT: Ooops, miscounted the number of contributions. Will repost later.
Interesting idea, just a heads up: Its the "Praes Thanatos" (as the inventor of the term, it comes from "Praes" meaning "at hand" in Latin, so "Praes Thanatos" means roughly "death at hand")

Now on to my contribution (let's see of Arkhandus was expecting something like this, as his last post seems to connect to what I was thinking since I created House Mulcibe):

As usual, rumours hold a grain of truth. The true reason that Conquers Twice has exiled the firre prophet, named Kampaetnos, from Saagersberg is the past history between the two. Long ago, when Conquers Twice first journeyed to this mortal realm (around 50 BE), he brought along celestial allies, including Kampaetnos, to aid him in his quest. He quite sternly warned his allies not to interfere in the affairs of mortals, and left them to each go on their way, splitting up to search for the solar's missing brother. Kampaetnos journeyed to the lands of the barbaric humans, where he became infatuated with a passionate sculptor named Mulcibia, a kind, pure woman who refused to marry with any of the brutish males of her people, instead secluding herself and dedicating herself to her art. Contrary to Conquers Twice's wishes, Kampaetnos was so entranced that he halted his search and came to Mulcibia in the form of a beautiful human youth, living with her for years and supporting her artistic endeavours while advancing her to a position of power and influence among her people (and having many, many children). One day, Conquers Twice came to check up on Kampaetnos and, furious at what he discovered, removed the firre's disguise, revealing him to his beloved in his true form. As Kampaetnos apologised to Mulcibia for his deception and said his final farewell, Conquers Twice banished him back to the celestial realms, viewing the eladrin as a potential security risk if allowed to remain. The human Pillar Mulcibe traces their ancestry all the way back to their namesake, Mulcibia. Now, milennia later, Kampaetnos has finally managed to find a new patron who will allow him to voyage back to the realm of his beloved Mulcibia, and he seeks to aid the mortals with his supernatural knowledge, regardless of the desires of his former patron. Unfortunately, very few can understand the ancient language of Kampaetnos's prophecies, but he hopes to find someone who can comprehend them...and recognise their dire import.

Sarellion

Explorer
So we have an aggressive empire that hasn´t expanded since its founding?

Whats Iryppia?

Contribution:

There is another dragon sleeping dep in the bowels of Mt.Xark. Xarkavan is sleeping there for uncounted millenia in the middle of a lavafilled cave. The worship of fire has given him power but as for now has not awakened him. The crucible decided to keep the efreet after they discovered that there was something in the mountain. With the help of the efreet they found out what it is but are now unsure what to do with this piece of information. At the present they try to find more clues about the ancient dragons.

I know that people are concerned about powerful NPCs, but I think Xarkavan should be more of a plot device, a mystery to be studied, a link to the distant past.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases