New Race

gamecat

Explorer
Catterick Elf
+2 Str; +1 Dex; -2 Con; -2 Wis
Low light vision
Free Exotic Weapon Proficency
+2 racial bonus Intimidate
+4 racial bonus to Profession (Voidspace Sailor)
-2 racial penalty to Diplomacy
Death Knell 1/day as a sorcerer of class levle
Favored Class: Fighter

It seems to check out to a ecl 0, but we super-munch so I can't be sure.

(As to backstory, they are an elven subrace who forsook Corellon Larethian for an LN war god millenia ago, so they evolved differently, trading speed and guile for strength and sadistic aggression)

Crothian

First Post
+1 attribute bonuses are frowned upon. It's to easy to hide the bonus. I add that to an odd score and I get a bonus. Just like adding 2 to an even score.

Why free exotic WP? There are so many it seems odd that any member of the race has a chance of learning one. I'd just make it from a specific list instead.

I'd increase the Diplomacy penalty. Diplomacy is a skill that is easily to get aroundf through role playing, so might as well make it a big minus.

Jerrid Al-Kundo

First Post
From what you've described, I'd recommend +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.

Select a Specific Weapon or a small list to choose from.

As a Soldier-Race, Warrior would actually be more fitting as a Favored Class. However, you may consider making a variant Warrior Class that grants bonus Feats as a Fighter, but determine a list appropriate to infantry soldiers as opposed to "stand alone" heroes (I've done the same, calling it the Soldier Class, using Feats from the Netbook of Feats). That way, the race isn't nerfed. If you feel that Fighter is more appropriate, than you probably want to change it from a God of War to a God of Combat.

Psst! Hey, Gamecat! Long time, no see... How ya been?

gamecat

Explorer
Catterick Elf
+2 Str; -2 Con; -2 Wis
Low light vision
Free Exotic Weapon Proficency
+2 racial bonus Intimidate
+4 racial bonus to Profession (Voidspace Sailor)
-4 racial penalty to Diplomacy
Death Knell 1/day as a sorcerer of class level
Favored Class: Fighter

I'll remove the dex entirely. As to charisma, it doesn't fit in the campaign as the Cattericks have a strong sorcerer tradition. Commonly Sorcerer/Fighters, called "Exodites." Crothian, I agree, so diplomacy has been lowered further. Concerning the Exotic Weapon Proficency, the Cattericks are facinated by weaponry of all kinds, so I think it fits.

psst...Jerrid...I am not sure as to who you are...email me if I should...(gamekat48@hotmail.com)

Last edited:

gamecat

Explorer
Crothian said:
Looks fine just a little nitpick death knell should be once a day per character level instead of class level.

The death knell is 1/day. The caster level of the death knell is of a sorcercer of the Catterick's level. It is called the Embrace of Zerk by the Cattericks, and Zerk D'Shekhar is the aforementioned LN war god.

Remove ads