(Proposal) Blind from Birth Template

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
Actually, it should be Blindsense 30' -- there's a feat to extend it.
Ah yes, hence the Wisdom 17. Still, it shouldn't be Blindsight. I looked at that character sheet and gaped that the Judges had allowed Blindsight through before I was around here to shoot it down, but then when I saw this actual thread, I saw that the real version was much more balanced.

Solnath

First Post
*facepalms*

So, which one is the official version? Because blindsight 5 feet would come in handy in some situations.

Last edited:

Solnath

First Post
Right, so so far haven't had a chance to test the combat capabilities of the character, which will indubitably suck, but I like the flavour the template is bringing. I think that if someone wanted Blind-born characters to be more closer to normal characters concerning their PWRLVL (power level), the template should offer a chance to use a feat to purchase "Blindsight 5 feet" for the sake of survival in melee. Not that it concerns my Sammy, who is not combat-oriented.

EDIT: And I think that spells/powers that circumvent the blindness instead of removing it should daze and disorient the character.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Solnath said:
EDIT: And I think that spells/powers that circumvent the blindness instead of removing it should daze and disorient the character.

It'd be a bit inconsistent, since there are spells that grant you Scent, Tremorsense, allow you to see auras, or transform you into an entirely new creature and don't disorient or daze you.

EternalSword

First Post
Flavorwise, a spell or power that grant new senses has elements to help the subject interpret them. A spell to cure blindness doesn't. Theoretically, I suppose, you could make a custom spell to handle that, but it would be dispellable and for balance has to negate the template.

Solnath

First Post
Someone said:
It'd be a bit inconsistent, since there are spells that grant you Scent, Tremorsense, allow you to see auras, or transform you into an entirely new creature and don't disorient or daze you.

True, but then again I don't think those work completely logically either. :p

EternalSword

First Post
Actually, 3.5 is the only version with no disorientation on polymorph. 2E used to have a slight chance of turning into the creature mentally as well as physically.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases