Rules/Crunch of Eyros

Abisashi

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Physical signs of corruption among the druids like I mentioned in the other thread would be cool.

Whenever a druid summons a creature on blood-sacred ground, he may choose to apply the blood-blessed template. If a druid wildshapes while on blood-sacred, he may do the same to his assumed form.

Whenever a druid casts a summoning spell or wildshapes on blood-sacred ground, he must make a will save DC 5; if he chose to apply the blood-blessed template to this summoning or wildshaping, the DC is increased by twice the level of the spell, or the druids level for wildshaping. Failing this save permanently increases his blood-taint score by one. A character who rolls a 1 on this save gains an additional point of blood taint.

Effects of the Blood-Taint:
Stage------Score------Effect
1...............0-4...........No effect
2...............5-9...........The character feels unclean; he suffers a -1 penalty to diplomacy checks
3...............10-14........The character's appearance changes in a indiscernable fashion; diplomacy is at -1, but intimidate is at +1
4...............15-19........The character's skin starts turning purple, and his hair takes on the color of the Eyros zombies, a redish color. His appearance is likely to frighten most people, who will likely call for the guard. Diplomacy -4, Intimidate +2
5...............20+...........The character's skin turns a deep reddish-purple, and his hair looks like reddish grass. He looks like a character out of a bedtime story parents tell children to keep them in line. People appearing like this will certainly be arrested and probably be put to death. Diplomacy -8, Intimidate +4.

Last edited:

Abisashi

First Post
Combination

This works great - I've got the low-level stuff, and you've provided the feats to enhance it.

Casting a bloodsoaked or greater bloodsoaked spell automatically increases the caster's taint score by one, in addition to the save.

We might want to extend the table so the effects accrue more slowly, or have a way for taint to go away (1 point per lunar month?)

Does applying the bloodsoaked effect to a summon spell give the ability to the creature summoned? I think it should, though maybe in a different way because it is non-instantaneous and can hit several times.

Whenever a creature gains point of taint, he must make a will save (DC = taint score) or go temporarily insane and become evil. After 24 hours, he may save again; if he fails this save he is permanently insane and evil. A natural one does not automatically result in faliure for either of these saves.

Last edited:

Abisashi

First Post
Blood-Blessed Template

The blood-blessed template is a template which can be applied to any creature which can be summoned or wildshaped into. It is normally added by druids casting or wildshaping on blood-blessed ground.

Descriptors: Blood-blessed creatures gain the [evil] descriptor if they are not animals or beasts.
Hit Points: Blood-blessed creatures gain 1 temporary hit point per hit die they posses.
Damage: The primary natural attack of a blood-blessed creature deals an additional profane damage.

Not overpowering, but still useful.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Perhaps the Blood Taint can be removed by meditating in an untainted pristine wilderness area? As for applying Bloodsoaked to a summon, I would say that perhaps it only works for Greater Bloodsooked and the creature adds the 1 damage per round per spell level effect to every attack.

Abisashi

First Post
Removing the Taint

To remove a point of taint, a creature may spend an entire lunar month meditating in an untainted pristine wilderness area. During this time the creature may not adventure, manufacture magical items, or cast spells of a level greater than 0. At the end of the month the creature loses a point of taint. He may not attempt to remove another point of taint for a whole lunar month.

Something like that?

Last edited:

Abisashi

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Yeah, something like that is good. And perhaps after the final stage it is irreversible.

I went back and numbered the stages; how about it's never possibile to lower your taint score if it would move you down a stage? This makes so people who have a reasonable amount of down-time can't draw on the blood powers a bunch and just burn off the taint later.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Abisashi said:
I went back and numbered the stages; how about it's never possibile to lower your taint score if it would move you down a stage? This makes so people who have a reasonable amount of down-time can't draw on the blood powers a bunch and just burn off the taint later.
That would work as well, it all depends on how much we want to penalise.

domino

First Post
That's a heck of a monster. The AC is a bit too low for what I think it should be at that CR, but again, the Damage Reduction and Hit Points should make up for that.

That said, he's got a tail the size of a school bus. Would there be any way to use that as an attack, instead of the bite maybe?

Remove ads