Spycraft to d20 modern

Jackcarter

First Post
Next week, there will be a farewell session and instead of finishing our regular campaign, we've decided to do a maxed out modern d20 game, using Spycraft. Before finish playing rpgs, I wanted to see if d20 could do a viable realistic modern game. Spycraft isn't realistic and isn't meant to be, but I've twicked few rules to make it seem that way. I won't know for sure until next week whether or not they work, so I'll throw out my proposed changes here, to get some feedback.

Hit Points
Everyone will have uniform hps. Throw out HD and replace with: At 1st level, everyone has (Constitution*2) + Constitution modifier in hps. Beyond 1st level, one gains 1d2 + Constitution modifier in hps. There is no vitality or wound, just hp mechanics in dnd terms.

Action Dice
No action dice given. Replace the core ability with the next logical ability in the class, which will then become the new core ability. Suitability of the new core will be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Eliminations
No base initiative bonuses or departments (all will instead gain the standard dnd human bonuses).

Feats
Removed most of unarmed and melee combat feats. Substitute them with standard dnd and OA feats.

Combat
Reinstate AoO. When you crit, you ignore DR from things that have plausible chance of being bypassed, i.e., body armor. Crits based off dnd rules. Soldiers lose cover and DR; however, I'm at loss as to what I should replace them with.

Help me out here. I haven't read the book completely, as I haven't had time, so helps would be appreciated. And what do you think about my changes?

My group will be composed of three, all at 20th level and maxed out in stats. I'll let them take prestige classes from other books, so long as they are plausible in the modern world. My book is being passed around right now and this weekend, I'll get their characters.

Remove ads