Need your thoughts on Monster Tokens.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
We've finally finished up Digital Denizens and I'm working on the monster tokens and I need your input. Do you guys prefer your Monster Tokens have the monster name on them or not? My thoughts are no names, but I wanted to get some feedback before I finish these up. Thanks!

Voadam

Legend
No names on visible part.

It would take away some mystery to see a new monster and have the name right there.

Plus if they are digital you want to be able to cut and paste without the name.

cmanos

First Post
I knw I knew that name from somewhere. Heya Jeff.

Could you expmain a little bit about the digital tokens? I'm not familiar with them.

Chris

JVisgaitis

Explorer
cmanos said:
I knew I knew that name from somewhere. Heya Jeff. Could you expmain a little bit about the digital tokens? I'm not familiar with them.

Dude, what's up!! How things going? As to your question, we are distilling Denizens of Avadnu down into PDFs organized by Challege Rating. The line is called Digital Denizens and the first one will be released shortly. With the book we want to include monster tokens so you can print them out and use them on a grid with miniatures. I was just wondering if people would want the Monster Tokens to have the names of the monsters on them or not.

JoeGKushner

First Post
On the back, unless it's a double sided print.

And I'd actually like to see counters that are more like Steve Jackson Game's Cardboard heroes in that they have three dimensions.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
d20Dwarf said:
I think the name's should be on the back with funny messages like:

"You just killed my Xxyth, beeyotch! --Your DM"

Hehe. Its more like players crying, "What the hell is that thing?!" Every once in awhile I get emails from ticked off players about how they hate when their DM uses our book. They make me laugh.

JoeGKushner said:
And I'd actually like to see counters that are more like Steve Jackson Game's Cardboard heroes in that they have three dimensions.

Hmm, does that mess them up since they need to be sized for 3.5? Large 2" square, Huge 2" square, etc. . . You have a link? I didn't see them. I messed around with double siders, unfortunately you can see the name through them.

Remove ads