(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 7)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Siobhan, may be a nice girl, but Kalanyr is a very ticked of Solar. You just killed half his people in the Twilight Coalition and blew up Oerth. Even if Siobhan doesn't do something unpleasant to you, Kalanyr will unless Siobhan specifically requests otherwise. I doubt Kalanyr will get the chance to do much however, won't be enought left of Lord Melkor of the Shade.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
A telepathic message, from Ho Skoteinos, reaches the Taraakians:

<<Taraakians, unless you attack Loch-nar, Sollir, Zouron, The Spleen and their corrupted allies, you will fight this battle in Ravenloft, from which you can not escape, where you will be ruled by either Melkor, Sollir or Zouron. And not only you are going there, but all people in these Crystal Spheres. Are you willing to (risk) sacrific(e)(ing) billions of people for an easy victory, while you can still choose to have success, but that that road will mean to actually have to sweat for it?>>

<<I still believe you want peace. Your goal should be to destroy the ones who want to destroy, not the ones who want to create, who want to survive and be left alone. While you have attacked us, Melkor killed 50 BILLION people yesterday. Can you live with that? Can you look into your heart and say with clear concience that what you have done was the right thing? Can you? I doubt that.>>

<<What have we done that makes us rightful targets, and excludes Melkor, Zouron or Sollir from being a target of your attacks? What kind of wrongs have we done that they haven't done a hundred times worse? How can you still justify the attacks on us, while this whole place is facing total destruction? Why are you, instead of bringing peace and hope helping the destruction, why are you still bringing us closer to Ravenloft (not attacking someone still is a *choice*)? WHY?>>

Posted by Edena:

Silence falls

Posted by Kalanyr:

Well this was bad. Very bad. The armegeddon results, not the DM, not my attacks turn out.

Posted by Black Omega:

Yep, words fail to describe.

Mwahahahahaha!

Kalanyr

Explorer
Did I post somewhere that I'm dumb enough to be provoked into killing Ex-Lord Melkor of the Shade? No, I don't believe I did.

Gurdjieff

First Post
You can still win ... win, as in survive, achieve peace, achieve prosperity for your people, rebuild Oerth

Now you're getting me confused. First, you state that Oerth can ONLY be rebuild by 12th level magic. That's fine, I'll just get 12th. But then, I remember the fact getting 12th is near impossible, as it takes thousands of years.

Now, with this in mind, 1+1 = still 2 the last time I checked, 2 being the fact Oerth CANNOT be restored. The Emerald Order would have done EVERYTHING in their power to save Oerth. But there isn't. Not after what you stated.

The only logic is that, by sacrificing themselves to restore Oerth, and the only way to restore Oerth is giving someone the ability to cast 12th, they do so. Now you can see this as an act of dispair. That's fine. I died with Oerth. You can see it as the last way out. Something like that last red button which opens the self-destruct mechanism. You don't want to use it, but when it is needed, you will.

The people in the Emerald Order of course don't like to sacrifice their lives. They'd only do it if they believed they did the right thing. In this case, it was the ONLY thing to do, the ONLY logical way Oerth could possibly be restored. And now you are saying this is an act of dispair and it will not work. So be it.

Now I am asking you, Edena, WHAT would have been the other possibility? How could Oerth have been restored without the Taraakians (they'd kill me, so I'd be dead anyway). I have looked for other ways, yes I have. Believe me. But I can read dutch, as I am dutch. I know what Skot is saying. I know what he and The Forsaken One are up to, well, mostly. Actually, I think it is pretty clear. But I will not spoil it for them, I will not post it here. That is for them to do. Just let me remind you again of that little red button waiting to be pushed.

Also, I am not blaming you for what the players did. I am not blaming anyone. But all I am saying is that Evil DID get some giant bonusses, something Good received as well. The difference is, good needs to Heal, Cure and Protect. That is so much harder than just a simple Destroy all and don't care anymore reaction. That's the difference between roleplay (some have done that very well, and I have enjoyed reading it) as well as some have roleplayed very bad (more towards power-play).

Edena, I really don't see your point in keep on fighting. Explain please.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A SECOND CHANCE

That is, indeed, exactly what it is.

A Second Chance.

Second Chances don't occur often, and they should be cherished and appreciated when they happen.

- - -

I made some serious mistakes in my arithmetic.

I forget to put in the automatic Defense of 4 allowed to all Non-11th Level Powers.

I also removed all Defenses from Sollir and my Powers that had transferred their Defenses to Forsaken One, but that is a minor aside.

Most importantly of all, I gave the taraakians the Defense of 144 they were rightfully entitled to, against the 5 assaults from the Union of Oerth!

Even I make colossal blunders. Call it my version of the Martian Scare by Orson Wells, back in 1939.

The news is much worse for the United Commonwealth of Toril, I'm afraid, but it is much, much, much, better for everyone else.

Krynn and Krynnspace were not destroyed.
Oerth and Greyspace were not destroyed.
Mystara and the worlds of that Crystal Sphere were not destroyed.

All the Non-11th level Powers trapped in Ravenloft survived.

All the Non-11th Level Powers, period, survived.

And the taraakians survived.
Their ships did not detonate.
No collaterial damage was done from the explosions.

The taraakians did not, thus, send reinforcements.
Instead, their three destroyers remain in play.

Oerth is not a bunch of loose asteroids, flying apart.
Oerth is still a blue-green world. A bit damaged, yes (12% destruction), but it's repairable.

- - -

A Second Chance, folks.
Use it wisely.

They don't happen everyday.

(And consider, perhaps, that the whole previous and incorrect result was some mass IC nightmare shared by everyone - perhaps another Sending of the Angels.)

Here are the revised results of the Great Battle (Armaggedon, no longer)

11TH LEVEL ASSAULTS AND CONVENTIONAL ASSAULTS

- - -

BLACK OMEGA

11th Level Magical assault: On the Unseelie, turning whoever is left Good. We're also avoiding as much as possible attacking the Good Unseelie (doens't that make them Seelie?:) If the CDG leaves no target, then switch to using this action to creating light balls o' happy thoughts.:)

This counts as a regular 11th Level Assault, Category 0. Since Sollir’s Unseelie of Oerth are Disarmed, this is a Coup de Grace Assault.

92 ROLLED
RESULT: 6% OF SOLLIR'S UNSEELIE ELIMINATED (AS CHOSEN BY BLACK OMEGA.)
94% REMAIN.

Conventional: On whatever Evil Unseelie are left after all the above. Yes, it's overkill, but the Seelie are taking this personally with their wayward relatives. If the evil Unseelie are gone by now, then no conventional attack.

This counts as a regular Conventional Assault, Category - 10. Since Sollir’s Unseelie of Oerth are Disarmed, this is a Coup de Grace Conventional Assault.

64 ROLLED
RESULT: NO EFFECT. THE CONVENTIONAL ASSAULT FAILED.

- - -

MELKOR

Openly declaration of use of 11th level magic to spread vast amounts of Red Goo across all worlds in the IR.

This counts as an 11th Level Assault.
It is Category 0 against 11th Level Powers. However, because it is spread out over a huge area, it is weakened to Category - 5.
It is Category 5 against Disarmed and Non-11th Level Powers (weakened to Category 0 because it is spread out.)
Coup de Grace damage is inflicted in either case.
This attack goes off against every Power in the IR except those Powers around Athas, and the Kevellond League. It will affect those Powers trapped in Ravenloft.

73 ROLLED
RESULT:

AGAINST 11TH LEVEL POWERS - NO EFFECT

AGAINST NON-11TH LEVEL POWERS - 3% DESTRUCTION

The United Commonwealth of Toril suffers 3 billion casualties, and a small part of the surface of Toril is destroyed.
Other worlds in Realmspace that were a part of the United Commonwealth of Toril similar losses, as space stations, asteroid colonies, civilizations on other worlds and moons of Realmspace, all share the same 3% level of destruction.

AGAINST NON-11TH LEVEL POWERS - 3% DESTRUCTION

Alyx’s Alliance of the Rising Sun - 3% destruction
Creamsteak’s Delrunian Alliance - Main Infrastructure 33% intact - 3% destruction
GnomeWork’s Lortmil Technomancy - Main Infrastructure 50% intact - 3% destruction
Kaboom’s Sky-Sea League - 50% intact - 3% destruction
‘o Skoteino’s Orcish Empire of the Pomarj and Allies - Main Infrastructure 50% intact - 3% destruction
Tokiwong’s Empire of Iuz - Main Infrastructure - 50% intact - 3% destruction
Uvenelei’s Alliance of the Crescent - Main Infrastructure 50% intact - 3% destruction
William’s Baklunish-Esmerin Confederation - Main Infrastructure 100% intact - 3% destruction

Anabstercorian’s Penumbral Hub - 50% intact - 3% destruction
- Creamsteak’s Delrunian Alliance - 16% intact - 3% destruction
- Festy Dog’s Under-Oerth Alliance - 50% intact 3% destruction
- (Played by the DM) The Ascendant League - 50% intact 3% destruction

Against all other worlds, moons, and space stations in the IR not protected by 11th level magic: 3% destruction.

Melkor's SECOND Red Goo Attack (nullified by Festy Dog's counterattack.)

I will also teleport nuclear missiles to the cores of following planets: Oerth, Toril, Krynn which I hope shall blow these worlds apart, if this is unsuccesful I will employ the tactic Uvenelei devised to cause even greater mayhem.

This counts as a Conventional Assault.
It is Category - 10 against 11th Level Powers (weakened to - 15 because it is spread out.)
It is Category - 5 against Disarmed and Non-11th Level Powers (weakened to - 10 because it is spread out.)
Coup de Grace damage is inflicted in either case, and a 100% kill means just that - that part of the planet the defending Power was on is totally destroyed.
This attack goes off against every Power in the IR except for those Powers around Athas, those still trapped in Ravenloft, and the Kevellond League.

17 ROLLED:
RESULT:

AGAINST 11TH LEVEL POWERS: NO EFFECT

AGAINST NON - 11TH LEVEL POWERS: 6% DESTRUCTION

Krynnspace suffers 6% destruction where it is not protected by Mr. Draco and Serpenteye

All worlds in the Crystal Sphere holding Mystara suffer 6% damage.

Oerth, it's moons, and all worlds in Greyspace suffer 6% damage.

The United Commonwealth of Toril suffers 6% damage.

Melkor's SECOND Nuclear Assault (NOT countered by Festy Dog)

25 ROLLED

AGAINST 11TH LEVEL POWERS: NO EFFECT

AGAINST NON-11TH LEVEL POWERS: 3% DESTRUCTION

All worlds and areas affected by the first nuclear attack, are affected by the second.

The result is a total of 9% destruction to Main Infrastructure.

Those worlds and areas also hit by Melkor's Red Poison attack, sustain a grand total of 12% destruction to their Main Infrastructure (that means 12 billion people perished in the United Commonwealth of Toril.)

- - -

MR DRACO AND SERPENTEYE

To empower our attack we use defiling magics to sacrifice 20'000 PLs worth of people (volunteer martyrs giving their lives in defence of everything that is holy), we only make this sacrifice if it would strengthen our attack by 5 points or more.
Assault for all of our 11th level powers: Five separate assaults working in conjunction with our conventional and nuclear attacks.
Conventional attack: Nuclear assault (50% of all our weapons of massdestruction, including groundpounders) against the terraakian armies in the Multiverse (teleports and missiles hidden by powerful spells of illusion and misdirection) then our conventional elite armies of reanimated Angels, Elder Ones, Demons, Dragons and Devils (who died in the battles of turn 6 and were reanimated as per our e-mails to you) and our Nightfighters, Dragons, mobile Living Walls, 10'000 PLs of elite Cydians, Kas and the God Emperor and their bodyguards and will attack them. Kas and the God Emperor will fight cautiously and retreat when in danger of defeat.

This counts as 5 massive 11th level Assaults against the taraakians.
Each Assault is Category 0, with a + 5 bonus because of the sacrifice above.

12 ROLLED
RESULT: NONE!!! The Defense of 144 sorta stopped these 5 attacks cold.

This also counts as 5 Conventional Assaults.
Each Assault is Category - 10, with a + 5 bonus because of the sacrifice above.

We will make contact with the Green Gem and ask for assistance against his/its ancient enemies (even if it won't leave the Time Space Continuum it can still aid us in several ways). We will also make contact with the Death Machines and ask them for the same (and ask that they don't attack us). If they are more than just unthinking automatons they should realise that the Terraakians are the greatest threat against them too and that cooperation is in order.

RESULT - AUTOMATIC SUCCESS
THE LOCH-NAR, WITH 12TH LEVEL MAGIC, APPEARS IN THE SPHERES.
IT WILL ATTACK THE DEMIPLANE OF HOPE ON DAY 7.

- - -

FESTY DOG

This oerth virus will be added to the agent oerth which this time will only be dropped on evil factions and anywhere in the crystal spheres which is affected by the red pudding. Also I'll spread the Oerth virus among all my own ppl to test if it works for the good effects, if it does i'll be sending it everywhere!

Against all evil IR Powers (The DM determines which Powers count as evil) this counts as a Category 0 Assault.
Against non-evil IR Powers, this Assault has no effect.
The Powers around Athas, those trapped in Ravenloft, and the Kevellond League are not affected by this Assault.

One of Melkor’s Red Poison assaults is negated by this. The other one, is unaffected.

12 ROLLED
RESULT: 50% OF ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE FOLLOWING POWERS TURN TO GOOD ALIGNMENT:

(Zelda's counterassault nullifies the turn to good effect of Festy Dog's attack, but not his nullification of Melkor's second Red Poison attack.)

- - -

SOLLIR

Sollir (and also Mr. Draco and Serpenteye) have successfully contacted the Sleen (death machines), and given them the information that the Here exists, and given them the precise location of these Spheres for the purpose of magical transport.
The Sleen have 11th level magic (if they did not, they would not be able to stand up to the taraakians.)

The Sleen declare Attacks on the tarraakians, and launch Defenses to protect Forsaken One’s Hive Cluster.
The Sleen do not declare 11th Level Assaults or Conventional Assaults, realizing these would be useless against the taraakians.

28 ROLLED.
RESULT: NOTHING (Defense is 144.)

- - -

UVENELEI

11th level assults/Lower assults/Convention strikes: Everything. All of it. The whole navy of Selune, and the whole of the army. Everyone who has any military experience or magical strength. All nukes are used, teleported to where theyneed to be. An hour is spent building a disaster againstVaegareoth. All Groundpounders I have, some of whichwill have been made into guns at this point, will be fired at Vaegareoth. Even those Apes and
Shocker Lizards I had been raising a few months ago will be mobilized.The targets of all of these attacks is the Queen herself or the Hive's spellcasting force.

This counts as a standard 11th level Assault. It is resolved as a Category 0 Attack against the Hive Cluster.
Because Uvenelei cannot use magic in the Sphere holding Athas, his attack is weakened by 5 Categories (to - 5)

08 ROLLED
RESULT: Nothing! Zilch! Zero! A Defense of 150 ensures that.

This also counts as a standard Conventional Assault. It is resolved as a Category - 10 Assault against the Hive Cluster.

62 ROLLED
RESULT: NO EFFECT

- - - -

THE DM

The Silver Hive is declaring an 11th Level Assault against Forsaken One’s Hive Cluster.
This is a Category 0 Assault.

52 ROLLED
RESULT: NOTHING!

- - -

The Silver Hive is declaring a Conventional Assault against Forsaken One’s Hive Cluster.
This is a Category - 10 Assault.

07 ROLLED

- - -

The Corrupted Allies of the Eternal Union are launching an 11th Level Assault on the United Commonwealth of Toril.
This is a Category 0 Attack. As much destruction as is possible is the goal.

69 ROLLED
RESULT: 50% DESTRUCTION. 50 billion people are killed. Half of the surface of Toril is sterilized. Half of the UC space stations are destroyed. Other worlds and moons of the UC suffer a similar fate, enduring 50% destruction.

The Corrupted Allies of the Eternal Union are launching a Conventional Assault on the United Commonwealth of Toril.
This is a Category - 10 Attack. As much destruction as is possible is the goal.

92 ROLLED

- - -

The Corrupted Allies of the Black Brotherhood are launching an 11th Level Assault on the United Commonwealth of Toril.
This is a Category 0 Attack. As much destruction as is possible is the goal.

41 ROLLED
RESULT: 100% DESTRUCTION. The United Commonwealth of Toril passes into history. Total casualties, 105 billion.

The Corrupted Allies of the Black Brotherhood are launching a Conventional Assault on the United Commonwealth of Toril.
This is a Category - 10 Attack. As much destruction as is possible is the goal.

90 ROLLED

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OTHER ACTIONS

Kaboom has stated his Power is exploring the alternate Isle of the Phoenix.

It is worth noting the Alternate Reality is under a Category 0 (weakened to - 5) Assault by Melkor, with the Red Poison.
It is worth noting the Alternate Reality is under a Category - 10 (weakened to - 15) Assault by Melkor, with nuclear weapons.

The Alternate Isle of the Phoenix suffered a total of 12% destruction to it's Main Infrastructure from Melkor's Attacks. Enough to annoy them greatly.

- - -

Spoof has stated he might sacrifice his two main Powers to save others Powers.

This will save two Powers, otherwise destroyed, of Spoof’s choice.
Spoof’s 2 Corrupted Allied Powers pull this feat.
Spoof’s two main Powers will be totally (and permanently) destroyed upon completion of this act. His characters will survive, because he still has two surviving Powers.

This act could save the United Commonwealth of Toril.

SPOOF, IT'S YOUR CALL. (AND I DO SUGGEST YOU MAKE THAT CALL, SIR.)

- - -

Uvenelei is using 11th level magic to resurrect the people of the Alliance of the Crescent.

I have ruled that 11th Level Assaults cannot be countered with 11th level magic, as far as resurrection goes.
However, you easily succeed in resurrecting the 9% of your Main Infrastructure killed by Melkor's nuclear assault.

- - -

Venus has completed building the city known as the Clouds of Oerth.
However, this city is under a Category 0 (weakened to - 5) Assault by Melkor, with the Red Poison.

No damage to the Clouds of Oerth.

- - -

Tokiwong's City of Chorazin and the World he was constructing, are unaffected by the above battle.

The Mana Fortress was unaffected by the battle.

'o Skoteino's Cube City was unaffected by the battle.

Venus's Clouds of Oerth city was unaffected by the battle.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Because of the altered situation, the taraakians break off all hostilities with Forsaken One.

They move immediately to protect the Demiplane of Hope (Kevellond League) from the Loch-Nar and those standing with it.

They also move against the Sleen (death machines)

They will engage in no hostilities with any of your IR Powers on Day 7.

Edena, one of your players doesn`t share you relief, quite the opposite. Well, at least I have decimated The Twilight Coalition and killed 3 billions of people in Commonwealth, not a complete failure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases