(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 7)

Gurdjieff

First Post
Edena, my mail is not working from this place (dunno why, cannot access hotmail), so going secret:

[color=222222]
The Emerald Order (50%) - 2 penalty

Attack: The Loch Nar
Defend: Domain of Hope

You can attempt to undo the Dream Forsaken One throws on you (3 in 4 chance.) - 1 Day of Magic

This includes ALL dreams he threw on us as well?

The Brotherhood of Light (90%)

Attack: The Loch Nar
Defend: The Domain of Hope

Start developing 12th level magic

[/color]

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Consider the rule changed.

Those killed by the 11th Level Assaults are dead.

Worlds destroyed by the 11th Level Assaults are gone.

- - -

If you want to resurrect those people, or restore those worlds, you must talk to the taraakians.

Or maybe - just maybe - the Diadem of Dreams might help.

(goes offline)

Gurdjieff

First Post
If you want to resurrect those people, or restore those worlds, you must talk to the taraakians.

Or maybe - just maybe - the Diadem of Dreams might help.

Taraakians are acting Evil. They are destroying everyone. They don't want to talk. They want us dead because we don't want to be enslaved. Goodie.

Diadem of Dreams is almost impossible to get, now TFO can simply pull a kamikaze stunt any second. So that's about, WRONG.

Now, WHERE in this lineup do you actually see a chance to survive? I just heard about the rulechange on 12th (missed that a while back, clearly) so I'll have to change my attack/defense stuff.

Edena, I don't want to be rude or anything, and please don't take this personal, but we are fighting 2 Evils here. One Evil pretending to be Good but still in for some slaughtering party. It's really getting to me at the moment. I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but yes, I am losing fun.

I have decided to do the following. Since Hazen is already becomming the ultimate Angel, I'm going to make him stronger. It seems that 11th level magic doens't mean anything anymore, so I'm committing faction-suicide (Emerald Order, Brotherhood of Light) for the purpose Hazen gains 12th level magic. If it fails, well, I'm still dead. If it works, goody, he has 12th and he can do with it what he wants.

Without Oerth, and Oerth being gone forever, the Emerald Order has no reason to live on. Their purpose was to defend Oerth. They failed. They failed because things happened that weren't stoppable. As some people might say, the Deus Ex Machina (sp?).

I am sorry Edena. It started out fun and I had fun as long as it lasted. But last couple of days I really started losing interests. Big guns taking over everything, us not being able to do anything against it.

So, here it is.

The Emerald Order, including The Brotherhood of Light, commit suicide. With the energy freed, they try to give the Angel, their ally, their trustee, the ability to use 12th level magic.

Now it is up to you how this continues.

Spoof

First Post
To the Taraakians Ambassador:

Hello my friends. I have seen the destruction of your fleet and while I do not have the magic to stop those who will destroy you I can take your place. For the good of all involved I will do this. May you live on and one day redeem my people.

OOC: Edena Hope Isle Toril will translocate its forces with those of the taraakians so they will survive the assault upon them this turn.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
kr, de ir is gort. tis voorbij. gebruik je dromen: sloop alle tech. einde van de spleen, taraakians, anab, gnome en die andere 12th gozers enz.

tenzij ... tenzij je de taraakians chanteert om je niet aan te vallen, maar de loch-nar. dan safe jij je kont, gaan de grote evils eraan en kunnen we misschein nog een paar dagen overleven...maar de keuze is aan jou...

persoonlijke voorkeur: chanteer de taraakians dat als ze de loch-nar niet aanvallen jij een paar zonnen gaat doven...win-win situatie: als ze het doen heb je een (paar?) dagen respijt, als ze het niet doen ga jij eruit in a blaze of glory...

LFTS :/

mark, leek wel erg veel op een druid zonder tijger...:D

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO VENUS

(stern, hard look)

In response to Venus's statement:

And I am to blame for this?

I did not make Sollir decide to attack hundreds of Crystal Spheres with Red Poison.

I did not make Kalanyr and William summon the taraakians.

I did not make Melkor destroy Krynnspace and Greyspace with a colossal Red Poison and nuclear assault.

I did not decide to make first Sollir, and then Mr. Draco and Serpenteye, call the Sleen (death machines.)

I did not decide to make Mr. Draco and Serpenteye call the Loch-Nar.

- - -

I DID give all of you the choice, about what you would do.

I admit, I did not give you all a simple, easy way out.
I made it complicated and difficult - but then, you are Gamers, and should be accustomed to dealing with complicated, difficult issues.

I even delayed what happened (Armaggedon) for one full day - it would have happened on Day 5 - by bringing the taraakians in, thus giving you all an extra day to consider your situation.

- - -

Now, you say the taraakians are evil.
You are entitled to that view.
Many view the taraakians as evil.
Good and evil are relativistic, according to the viewpoint of the person - generally, anyone trying to kill you, for instance, is evil.

However, they are what they are.

If you wish to blame someone for their presence, please blame Sollir for his attacks on hundreds of Crystal Spheres, and then on Kalanyr and William for calling them.

I am only the DM. I do not call the shots.
You, the players, do.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
An act of despair will NOT give William 12th level magic.

This mass suicide of the Emerald Order is an act of despair.
The letter above states clearly that it is such.

- - -

You can still win ... win, as in survive, achieve peace, achieve prosperity for your people, rebuild Oerth.

It can still be done.

It can still be done, even without the taraakians.

However, it CANNOT be done if you throw in the towel and quit.

If Reprisal, Forrester, and John Brown, had stayed in the IR, things would have gone dramatically different.
However, if people quit and do not care, then I must assume their Powers don't care anymore either.

Why don't you get in there and fight?
William needs your help, more desperately than he ever needed help before.
If the Demiplane of Hope goes down, then things really ARE messed up.

Why do you think the Loch-Nar is attacking the Demiplane of Hope?
It is an evil being, and it knows that in destroying this target, it breaks everyone's will to resist.
That's the point.

You can stop it.
You can save William's Demiplane of Hope.
You can banish the Loch-Nar (it cannot be permanently destroyed, but it can be destroyed as far as the IR is concerned.)
You can stop bringing in evil allies from Elsewhere.

I know that William sent me a long e-mail about summoning huge numbers of good beings from Elsewhere - I request he resend me that e-mail.

You CAN survive, and you CAN prevail.

However, you will not do so if you give up.

Everyone beat the crap out of Melkor, over and over and over, on Turns 3, 4, and 5.
He was reduced to hiding by himself on the moon Luna, with a tiny remnant of his force.
He did not quit.
He stuck it out.

And now look at him - although his PC is Zelda's prisoner, his Power is triumphant in Krynnspace and Greyspace.

If you give up, as Reprisal and Forrester did, and you leave, then yes ... the IR will be over and everyone will die.
Is that my fault? No.
Is that your fault, if you quit? Yes.

By the way, I must make some minor adjustments to the Order of Battle.
As you all will see, they affect you all in a very slight manner.

Last edited:

Zelda

Melkor laughs to Ergoth-Nog:

-So, vermin, you think that imprisoning myself brought you victory?!

-Fool, this is the end! Eternal Night is coming to claim everything! Black Flame shall consume all! Soon my revenge will be complete!

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Edena, first, I am not stating I am blaming you for the mass-suicide, but you are *partially* to blame for the disappointment of Venus.

Who gave everyone 11th level magic? (without it, the IR would have ended right then and there, but *you* choose to give us all 11th level magic.)
Who made the Taraakians "LG"? (well, it sure wasn't me. LN at best.)
Who made the Taraakians attack the Forsaken One (Without very good reason, and, the taraakians being intelligent, not take on Melkor who now has destroyed even more? And the Taraakians possessing 12th level magic could have seen that a lot of people would support the Forsaken One...)? (That was you, and this is the one thing I *do* blame you for. That was not the right thing to do. All my hopes lay with the Taraakians, but instead, they attack my closest ally, instead of the real evils like Melkor, Zouron, Sollir and the Spleen. If they ever really cared, they would have taken another approach...).
Who allowed Oerth to be totally detroyed? (Sure, Melkor nuked it, but *you* ruled it shattered.)

I mean, those were your dicisions, and though I disagree with only one of them, these kind of things *might* have disappointed Venus...

I understand you were just "doing your job", and I think you are doing your job very well, but maybe Venus felt like he was just too small, and unlike Zelda, didn't enjoy that position...

Black Omega, 50% of your people were just anhilated as hundreds of Spheres of Anhilation descended upon Vesve(which is now a big pool of Red Goo I hope), but Siobhan is a nice girl, and she won`t lower herself to revenge, will she?

Hmm, Edena, can my PC completely erase himself from existence, beyond any possibility of resurrection, like Galan Dracos did in Chronicles Of Huma to avoid wrath of Tahkisis?

Last edited:

Remove ads