MonkeyGod adventures

Capellan

Explorer
Of those that are there, I'd recommend The Magic Dump as the #1 choice. But I generally liked Monkeygod's stuff, so I think you would get your money's worth on any of them, given the current prices :)

talien

Community Supporter
johnsemlak said:
There's a sale on MonkeyGod adventures at RPGNow for GM's day, and I'd like to buy a few. Just wondering which one's are most receommended from those available.
This may help. Here's the reviews on...

Mystery Man

First Post
I've run the Sourge of Raftport. It's a lot of fun.

Sooner or later your going to get recommendations for all of them. So you might as well indulge yourself. :)

fafhrd

First Post
Whatever you do, don't get Mask of Marruk. If you're in need of high level slaughter and mayhem, Black Ice Well might be your thing. Very tough module.

derbacher

Explorer
No Fair! I just bought five of these last night (when the downloading is MUCH faster! ;) ). Then I find this thread.....

I couldn't pass up that $2.50 price tag. A quick glance at 2:00 AM shows that they look good, but I have not had time to read them in any depth yet.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I have Hellstone Deep and Black Ice Well. They're both very good, but Hellstone is probably the better of the two. Black Ice Well isn't put together quite as well, but both are really good, and yes, uber tough, though my munchkiny group ended up walking through a big chunk of it without too much difficulty. The game ended while we were in the middle of that one, so we didn't finish.

I also have Treasures of Elbard (I think that's the name). It's fairly interesting. I sucked out some of the crunchy bits and concepts, but the module itself is somewhat silly, IMHO.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Oh, and I have to brag a little bit. My copy of Hellstone Deep was the very first one sold. I bought it before the dealer floor opened Thursday morning at GenCon in '03. It's signed, but unfortunately not by the author, who couldn't make it to GenCon that year.

Ghostwind

First Post
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the modules that are currently listed there. I do recommend (whenever they are available) the following:

*Song of Storms (very well written with a good emphasis on roleplay - also has great notes on how to effectively play the NPCs) - received an Ennie nomination for Best Adventure, I believe.

*All the King's Men (this one is more cerebral and definitely caters to the heavy roleplaying crowd)

Mystery Man

First Post
My running of Black Ice ended in a near TPK, I can't remember the name of the encounter but it was in a room with little statuets (sp?) the multiarmed demons would try to impale the PC's on. Two rounds and they were nearly wiped out, if not for a very well worded wish spell by the party member that was still standing. They were level 15.

Remove ads