Group names

punkorange

First Post
Do any of you have a name of your adventuring party? My group has been trying to come up with a name for a month or two now and have yet to find something they like.

Crothian

First Post
We are Amber Company!! Have you heard of us?

That has become a running gag of the elf in the group. Our first mission we were hired to recover some Amber that had been stolen. So we choose to name ourselves after our first successful adventure. Usually I'm not in groups that name themseves but for some reason for this group I felt the need to do so.

punkorange

First Post
lol, so I could name them the sewer rats if your going by their first succesfull mission.
However from the time they done the sewer bit they have rescued a girl from her evil father and his cult, recovered an ancient tome that was stolen from the library, killed a would-be invisable stalker assassin, assassinated the girl's father when her head was delivered to the group in a box, held of a small army of goblins and orcs while the occupants of a temple fled back to a large city, blah blah blah, helped stop an army of orcs, killed a somewhat young dragon, found out they have red dragon blood in them, and are starting to head into the underdark.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
My first group was called the Companions. I came up with the name (eventhough I was a player at the time -- I was porting it elsewhere), and the GM stole it.

Vonlok The Bold

First Post
I once kind of forced a name on an adventuring group I was player in. It was all in the sense of good roleplay of course, and they reluctantly 'indulged' my name also in good role play it was a lot of fun.

The character started the game with a goat(it's in the phb so I bought one). He also claimed to be of a noble heritage and background. He was penniless, and his family had been farmers for at least a couple of generations, but he believed that in the past his great grandfather had been a noble who'd disagreed with the king and was sent exploring, and never came back. The family's fortunes deteriorated. The monarchy did too. Anyway my characters motives for adventuring were to rebuild the family's fortunes and find out more about his noble heritage. Most folk laughed at him for having a goat, and claiming to be a noble, at a time when nobility wasn't all the rage. As he set off adventuring he stabled the goat and it didn't travel with him.

Later when the group began to gather some money and meet with important personages in far away cities and lands, my character began to refer to the adventuring party as the Order of the Ram(somehow in his mind the little goat he started out with became a noble ram). One of the party members was cleric zealot, who would have happily started a crusades type affair for his religion. His character and mine made huge future plans/daydreams about having that noble religious order become part of my characters future barony/kingdom.

Any that was a lot of babble to say to say 'yes our group was called Order of the Ram.'

Ghostwind

First Post
My epic group is known as The Company of the DragonWing. They are rather well-known in Faerun, or rather were well-known since 150 years have passed (that represents the change in dates from 2nd ed to 3rd ed Forgotten Realms if my memory serves me correctly). They gained this name because each member obtained a dragon to serve as companion and mount. They were also responsible for defeating the forces of evil at Bloodstone (H1-4), where Keldorn (Chosen of Moradin) has established a huge temple of worship in the dwaven god's honor.

Note I said they haven't been there for some time. That's because they are currently stuck in modern day New York City trying to save the world and all of reality from their archnemeses. ;)

Crothian

First Post
In another campaign, the group didn't havea name but my Bard was determined to name the group. My character was called Tag Trister and I refered to the group as Tag Trister's Trio. It was funny and the players didn't mind though their characters hated it.

The Shaman

First Post
In our PbP Modern game the heroes will be known as 1st Section, 3rd Platoon, 3rd Company, 1st Foreign Parachute Regiment.

Not terribly romantic. :\

In our tabletop Modern game, the adventurers have not adopted a name for themselves, but the bad guys tend to refer to them as the Trespassers, as in, "Kill the trespassers!"

;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases