Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotley

Hero
Hotel of the White Wake

For Michael Storm only [sblock]"God's man, I like to see a man with a bit of fire in his belly. You make me think we might just pull this off." A proud grin spreads on his face. "As to the additional supplies, I'm sure I can arrange it." He takes up his cane and starts back to the room. "I was just waiting for everyone to come onboard before we got down to the details. Let's see if the others have any requests." He claps you on the back as you both return to the room.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Hotel of the White Wake

Honager and Michael return from the balcony. Honager is visably pleased. "Now that we've all set our course on this we need to work out a few details." He makes his way to the chart table and perches precariously on one of the stools. "Now I figured to make Morwyn captain of the Rumpled Bedsheet with Radoon as second in command. My neice Marienna, well really Terry's neice, will serve as ship's doctor and third in command." Terry stirs and shakes his head at this. "Terry will also serve as chief of the boat." He looks to Michael and Rook, "I didn't put you two in the ranks, I thought you might prefer the freedom to plan an act without worrying about ships duty. I don't want you to think it has anything to do with my faith in your ability as sailors or commanders." He looks at Radoon, "I know you must wonder why I appointed young Morwyn over you, technically he is senior in my organization having actually served as an officer under me in the past, while you were only on loan from the navy."

"Now as to the Rumpled Bedsheet, she's not much to look at but she has been reinforced as much as possible and she should be fairly fast for her size. She's a bit small for mounting catapults, but we did manage to conceal one on the foredeck. It will take a minute to assemble, but stealth is going to be more important the firepower. There are a pair of ballistas amidships and one aft. I addition I got 4 swivel guns aboard. I'll bet platinum to copper that's a lot more firepower than any other ship her size on the inner sea. Still she's no match for a pirate raider that could take down the Lorrianna Fare, so don't be thinking you're a battleship." "We'll have a good bit of alchemist's fire aboard as well." He clears his throat and says, "in addition to you lot, Terry and Marienna their are 21 able seamen. These are all men who have served me well in the past and that know their way around a boat. I could have rounded up a dozen more, but I think you're better off with only the best men. There is room for a few more if you have men of your own that you'd like to bring along."

"Now tell me what you think and what you need to get the job done, questions?"

J. Alexander

First Post
MIchael Storm (warlcok)

MIcahel reenters the room with Captain Marin and will resume his seat. Picking up and refreshing his wine glass he will say "Since this is to be somewhat of a rescue mission, I would suggest in addition to the battle supplies, that you add plenty of extra blankets, water, soft foods if possible, and as many healing supplies/herbs as we can think of. We will not know the condition of your son or imprisoinged sailors until we free them, but I am of the opinion they are going to need lots of medical attention and warmth once their free." "As for the additional space, I will require one additional berth."

Scotley

Hero
Hotel of the White Wake

"Sounds resonable, Marienna is handling that part of the mission as she is a well trained healer as well as a sailor. I'll bring that to her attention. One extra berth it is. What else do we need?"

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

"Captain Marin, there's no need to stand on technicality for my sake. If anyone has a problem with me as captain, speak now. I meant what I said about a ship having only one captain; I'll serve as Captain, Mate, or cabinboy, but we must all be agreed, and there'll be no time for debate later." I look around the room for any response.

If Radoon's a better sailor, especially with a navy background, maybe it will be better if he's Captain of the Rubinex. I've only got merchant marine experience; I'm not sure if I'm ready to be captain yet. I just hope I don't disappoint Master Marin.

"Of course, that will only apply aboard ship. Ashore, there's naught but leeway and we can work out other arrangements. I don't want anyone to think I'm a power-grabbing madman."

Scotley

Hero
Hotel of the White Wake

Captain Marin looks thoughtful and watches the others for their reaction to Morwyn's comments.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook - Scout/Mage Blade

"I've no problem taking requests, so long as those doing the requesting understand the best use of 'irregulars.' But I'm used to taking my own initiative and thinking for myself, and that's what I'll expect to be doing!"

These guys appear to know what they're about, but I've not spent the last two years establishing my reputation and independence only to be used as cannon fodder by some idiot who doesn't know the difference between a Scout/Skirmisher and Shock Troops. Better to make my position plain at the outset than to risk misunderstandings later. That way when I do something contrary to Mr. Sachiel's plans he can't say he wasn't warned.

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm (warlcok)

Michael will watch the interplay and remain quite. When it has stopped somewhat he will say " I have no problem letting you lead in matters of sailing etc. but should combat occur on the water, I will deal with it accordingly to your requests and what I also deem is best. But I warn you, I plan to deal with these pirates very harshley so if any of you are tender hearted as to the treatment of pirates and those who consort with them, speak now or hold your piece when it comes to pass as at that point I WILL BROOK NO INTERFERENCE." As he says the last, he will catch the eye of the rest of the party one at a time and then finaly a nod to Captain Marin.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter

She's your woman, son. I'll gladly have your aft." Mumbles for only those near to hear..."I've always been fond of a good aft anyways."

"I need nothing, Marin. Always travel light and quickly. No need for servants", glancing at Michael. "I like to do my own bidding and when I'm too old for that... well I guess I'll jsut be out bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases