Top Ten Reasons to Buy Sandstorm

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20050307news

Interesting to see that Touchstones are making a reappearance. I don't mind them as much as others seem to, though. I have a feeling I'm going to have to pick this up, though, as I loved Frostburn and I'm a sucker for even slightly Egyptian stuff.

I swear, WotC must have a spy camera implanted in my forehead. Every time I come up with an idea, they're always one step ahead in terms of getting it published. :) d20 is nearly identical to a d12 system I was working on before I hooked up with KenzerCo. And lots of stuff in Sandstorm looks like what I had started for the rules section of the Sands of the Khydoban campaign option. I constantly have this problem with lots of other books too.

Where's the camera?????????????? :uhoh:

Pants

First Post
Eh, doesn't excite me, but neither did the previews for Frostburn and I ended up liking that book. Hopefully the same happens here.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Pants said:
Eh, doesn't excite me, but neither did the previews for Frostburn and I ended up liking that book. Hopefully the same happens here.

I don't think you've fully explored the possibilities in having your very own War Camel!

:D

(Yeah, I don't know what they are, either).

Cheers!

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I can just imagine that Paladin.

"Go, camel! ... Go, mighty steed! G-- hello? Stop chewing that. Go already. Man, full plate in a desert is like an oven."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Although I have a fondness for pharonic and Arabian themed material, I have to agree that it'd be a shame if that dominates, especially as, if you want to grab real world cultures, the American Southwest is full of interesting material that really hasn't been used much in D&D, although the painted elves are likely a nod in that direction.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases