--Vampire lord build--

Ferrix

Explorer
Sir ThornCrest said:
I thought I read the Vampire Lord had "as vampire +4"....and that would be interpreted as sticking with the original +4 of the vamp? Or am I wrong and it means add another +4 vs. turning ....not perfectly clear if I remember correctly; a little room for ambiguity.

Thorncrest

Ferrix,
Improved Turn Resistance grants another +4 to your turn resistance. A vampire lord with this will have a +12 turn resistance. ????

Ah, you might be correct on that first interpretation. But add the Improved Turn Resistance Feat and the Cloak of Turn Resistance (cheapo item, 11k that is useless to living characters) and it's still a +12 turn resistance. They are all unnamed bonuses so they stack. Good luck to the 11HD cleric to turn an effective 23HD undead.

Ferrix

Explorer
Sir ThornCrest said:
And the majority or minority of the people on this site gets that extremely vague reference?
thorncrest

Ummm... I don't know since I get it, but if you play a lot of online video games, first person shooters I find it in high prevalence, you encounter it.

Ferrix

Explorer
Oh yeah, give him a bard cohort who has Perform (wind instruments) and give the bard the Bagpipes of the Damned (3k gp) and on a successful perform check (DC 15) all undead within 60 feet gain a +4 bonus on turn resistance for 10 rounds. Good for when combat is entered. Heheh... or you could just make an automated pipe organ that played that had this function (which would really set the mood).

The players walk into the massive gothic cathedral and hear the haunting melodies of echoing from the great organ's pipes, sitting at the keys is a young man, deep in the music. As you approach the crowd of worshippers, you realize something is horribly wrong as they turn towards you, ghastly drawn faces unearthed and wretched stare back with hollow sockets.

I'm so stealing that for a game.

IcyCool

First Post
Sir ThornCrest said:
Patryno E,

Thanks for getting my back (intentionally or accidentally). These people are vicious on this site! It seems they are predators just waiting, lurking, and jumping at any and every opportunity they get to take pokes at one another, attacks of opportunity!!! Overly critical etc...I understand difference of opinion but people react as if annoyed by some posts, like they take this game ALITTLE TO SERIOUSLY!!! Again thanks. It’s the first time anybody has defended me so far on this site that I have seen...
(Again I don’t know if it was purposeful or accidental but I’ll take it either way!!)

Thorncrest

again what exactly is "pwned" stand for?

Thorncrest, I realize that I may be lumped in with the "predators" for saying this but, grow up. You got picked on by a couple of people in an online forum. Whoopdy-doo. But taking it out on everyone here by calling them "vicious" and "predators" just shows you are no more mature than the people mocking you. A remarkably small number of people here are consistently unpleasant, and those that are usually get booted by the mods. I find your allegation that we are all "vicious" to be insulting.

That being said, you mentioned that you posted this in the General Discussion forum and got no responses. I'm pretty certain that character builds and rules questions go in the Rules forum. I know I've seen a mod mention this to you before. If you put these things in the proper forums, not only will it get your questions answered more quickly, but it will cut down on the clutter. "Spamming" two forums with the same thread will generally be much less useful than putting one thread in the correct forum.

In regards to the "pwned" comment, I think alot of folks you'll run into here have heard the reference. Personally, I think it denotes a lack of "social grace" whenever I see someone use it in something other than a humorous context (as I think Elephant did here).

In regards to the Vampire Lord, is it going to be squaring off against the undead hunter group you posted? Or is it going up against a different group? I ask because it might be highly entertaining to make it a Vampire Lord Aristocrat 10.

Oh, and even though you've been here a while, I don't think I've taken a moment to welcome you to the board.

Welcome to the boards! :)

Sir ThornCrest

First Post
UmmmmI never called everyone here anything. I was clearly referring to the overly critical people that act as the critic police of which Im going to include you for saying grow up???uncalled for and confrontational.....

IcyCool said:
Thorncrest, I realize that I may be lumped in with the "predators" for saying this but, grow up. You got picked on by a couple of people in an online forum. Whoopdy-doo. But taking it out on everyone here by calling them "vicious" and "predators" just shows you are no more mature than the people mocking you. A remarkably small number of people here are consistently unpleasant, and those that are usually get booted by the mods. I find your allegation that we are all "vicious" to be insulting.

That being said, you mentioned that you posted this in the General Discussion forum and got no responses. I'm pretty certain that character builds and rules questions go in the Rules forum. I know I've seen a mod mention this to you before. If you put these things in the proper forums, not only will it get your questions answered more quickly, but it will cut down on the clutter. "Spamming" two forums with the same thread will generally be much less useful than putting one thread in the correct forum.

In regards to the "pwned" comment, I think alot of folks you'll run into here have heard the reference. Personally, I think it denotes a lack of "social grace" whenever I see someone use it in something other than a humorous context (as I think Elephant did here).

In regards to the Vampire Lord, is it going to be squaring off against the undead hunter group you posted? Or is it going up against a different group? I ask because it might be highly entertaining to make it a Vampire Lord Aristocrat 10.

Oh, and even though you've been here a while, I don't think I've taken a moment to welcome you to the board.

IcyCool

First Post
Ferrix said:
Aristrocrat 10 is a waste for a powerful BBEG who is supposed to be himself imposing.

Not when you add the Vampire and Vampire Lord templates on top of it. I agree that you could easily do better class-wise, and if this is against the group that Thorncrest has been posting about (one of the characters has the Saint template), then an Aristocrat 10 Vampire Lord would be a waste of a BBEG.

Hmmm, now I feel the need to make this Aristocrat Vamp and see just how weenie he would be. Thorncrest, do you have the link to the Vampire Lord template?

IcyCool

First Post
Sir ThornCrest said:
UmmmmI never called everyone here anything. I was clearly referring to the overly critical people that act as the critic police of which Im going to include you for saying grow up???uncalled for and confrontational.....

Well, I included the post in my reply, but here is the relevant stuff:

Sir ThornCrest said:
<snip> These people are vicious on this site! It seems they are predators just waiting, lurking, and jumping at any and every opportunity they get to take pokes at one another, attacks of opportunity!!! Overly critical etc...I understand difference of opinion but people react as if annoyed by some posts, like they take this game ALITTLE TO SERIOUSLY!!! <snip>

"These people are vicious on this site!" And "they are predators just <snip>, etc."

It certainly seemed "clear" to me that you were referring to everyone but Patryn. If that wasn't your intention, then I withdraw my comment about being insulted, but I maintain that you need to be more mature. There is no need to sink to the level of those who choose to mock you.

Edit - I just realized I'm polluting your thread with crap you don't need or want. My apologies. If you want to discuss this further, I can provide you with an email address to contact me at.

Edit, the second - Cripes, I'm going blind! I see that you think my comment to "Grow up" was confrontational. Going back over it, you're right. I apologize. I should have said "ignore them, complaining about it just brings you to their level, and they'll beat you with experience." ;)

Last edited:

Sir ThornCrest

First Post
I find it strange that you obviously knew my reference was to those select few who were being rude and insulting
and not to this site as a whole, yet you still posted this response to me. So yes I would "lump" you in with those that like this sort of tedious exchange. For some reason some people, not unlike yourself, like to be antagonistic, hiding behind there monitors and taking cheap shots. I was never making a blanket statement covering all in this site that would be foolish, and untrue. I would say that you’re just being overly sensitive, but I don’t think you are. I believe your post was intentional & meant to insult. You saw an AoO and took it. Hiding under the guise of being defensive and saying just enough to provoke me, yet not enough to earn the ire of the site monitors....so that simple labels you as calculating & mean spirited.

So I think your saying “grow up” had little to do with my post. Rather your little insult “cheap shot” was a great reflection of your immaturity, maybe lack of social development, or just a reflection of your own miss guided sensibilities.

SO IF YOU WOULD IN THE FUTURE REFRAIN FROM PETTY INSULTS WE WOULD ALL GET ALONG A WEE BIT BETTER

Thorncrest

EDIT so I took to long between phone calls here at work, if you were "accidentally" suggesting that Im thin skinned then fine I except apology.....Just as a side note I dont think of myself as thin skinned I just dont like people taking advantage of none face to face conversations...so maybe I get defensive..OK FINE IM THIN SKINNED!!!

NOW WHERE WERE WE ABOUT THIS VAMP LORD?

IcyCool said:

Last edited:

Remove ads