Help Us Kill Morrus - Just updated 23/03/05

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
pierworker said:
I saw a Disintegrate spell listed somewhere, how about aiming for the king's crown?
Good idea, but good luck with that:
(object): The spell can be cast on objects, which receive saving throws only if they are magical or if they are attended (held, worn, grasped, or the like) by a creature resisting the spell, in which case the object uses the creature’s saving throw bonus unless its own bonus is greater. (This notation does not mean that a spell can be cast only on objects. Some spells of this sort can be cast on creatures or objects.) A magic item’s saving throw bonuses are each equal to 2 + one-half the item’s caster level.
So it's likely just 5d6 damage. How many hp does a crown have, anyway?
Hm. A steel shield has 10-20, depending on size.

Last edited:

Maybe just called shots from the archer to knock the crown off would work. My gut says use TK but it's got a similar save description.

Just remember, you're outnumbered so no one can afford to go charging off by themselves. Stick close enough together that you can reinforce each other. Be sure to focus attacks on a select number of foes; the goal is to eliminate them quickly since the mooks are highly unlikely to flee.

Personally I'd go with solidfog around the king, queen and gith guards. The slaads are mooks, evil mooks IIRC, and the group should be able to shred them quickly without much concern from the others. I know the gith guards will have dim-door but IIRC that's a LOS ability that solidfog will block. If anyone's got tanglefoot bags, now's the time to use them to pin targets in place and make them waste actions on strength checks. I'd make a quick tally of your SR:None spells and plan on using them on the King & Queen. I'd wait to injure the K&Q until you're ready to take them out b/c they likely having healing abilities of some fashion.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Hmm... Couldn't you guys work around the problem by feedig Morrus some laxitive? While he's indisposed certain npc sheets might disappear (or wind up as toilet paper), you could call it divine intervention...
*grins evily*

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Okay Im choosing sides.
I have some bones with Die Kluges advice.

first a targeted greater dispel on queen - YES, psionic buffs are nasty and a psion can spend 1/3 of her points easy just on buffs. They are nearly all personal, so unless the handmaid was multiclassed expect only these. Oh wait can you dispel psionics with Dispel Magic? did the king give you anything that could dispell psionics? those buffs are going to suck. esp the false life equivilent that is a mainstay for my psionicsts +50 hp per casting.

die_kluge said:
Second thing, is that you want to cast a silence spell on her throne as quickly as possible. The throne can't save, and she'll be in the area. If nothing else, she won't be able to bark orders at her minions.

silence has no effect on psionics, and mindlink is cheap and long lasting - it is prolly up already. Despite the fact that I helped build a witch queen (or her handmaid) on these boards - I dont remember what her specailty was. Prolly telepathy (expect domination)
or Kentics (energy blasts) as these are the most effective. I would say that a DM would be reluctant to throw away such a good build, and the queen will be similar to the handmaiden

die_kluge said:
Confusion on the Slaad. They're fighters.
nope, I would assume outsiders, maybe with ftr levels, green froggies are what 11hd?
thats all good saves, for at least that many HD.

Wall of Force.
This I liked, slaadi are meatgrinders normally stay away from the improved versions.

The Sladdi king looks like a meelemunkin as others have said, but he prolly depends on magical supernatural abilities. If you leave a gap he may counterattack with magic, If he gets through forcecage his ass and stay out of the way of the chain.

ALL the tanks should focus directly on the lich. She can't cast if she's having to make concentration checks all the time. The paladin should focus on smite evil attacks every round if possible.
a psion can burn out in 10 rounds, with each spell dishing 1d6 per level of caster no cap.
or domination/paralyis etc. With a little husbanding and she will last much longer. She needs to die.

The rest of the advice looks good, esp if you can pull off the red sladdi ploy to confuse the things, depending on a CN/CE partner has too be tricky.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
You're all doomed.

Black salad?

I mean, do you know how old that lettuce has to be? ;)

Black slaad, on the other hand, are Huge, in the ELH, and CR 25 with no equipment at all. :eek:

I'd say try to summon a slaad to attack the queen and then bluff her. Then find some way to escape in the confusion.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
die_kluge said:
Confusion on the Slaad. They're fighters. They have pathetic will saves.
I agree with the tactic, but Outsiders have all saves at 'Good' - including Will. Blue and red slaadi have Wis 6, but other types...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Man the rival thread is at three pages, and since I choose a side, I wont read it anymore.
but things look bad for the heros.

any new ideas ?
*bump*

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Hm, I think using the Summon spells off the bat is the best idea. Create things with a lot of hp or a bunch of smaller things. Anything to buy you time. Even if they can't hit, they could Aid Another to lower the ACs and open up Power Attacks. And have some on the queen, too, so she can't cast. When your guys are low on hp, start throwing in the damage-dealing area-of-effect spells. In between, get off some Walls or something -- buffs, de-buffs, Heals, whatever. Spell Resistance, Telekinesis, Recitation, Greater Dispel...

Then again, if she has Magic Circle Against Good, this falls apart.

I think a lot of people are looking for quick kills. I don't think that's going to happen here. No one spell or quick combination is going to cut it.

Remove ads