Star Wars Episode 3 to be darker than any other episode

Berandor

lunatic
Darker? So they saved on light bulbs?

In other words: I'll believe it when I see it. (And I'm not talking about the rating)

Old news, really. And if you've been paying attention to some spoiler reports, etc, its no surprise.

But it still may get the usual PG rating. It could be close, considering some things, and post-duel Anakin isn't exactly going to be a pretty sight.

GlassJaw

Hero
While everything I've seen looks like Ep3 will be very good, I just can't shake the feeling that the series was spoiled with episodes 1 and 2. :\

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
I heard its going to be dark becuase they are totally not going to be using lightbulbs in the theater and it will be pitch black and people will bump into each other and trip over chairs when they get up to go and complain to the manager.

fett527

First Post
I am highly anticipating this film as I did EP 1 and 2. I liked both movies, Episode 1 mostly for Maul and the lightsaber duel, and in EP 2 I really liked pulling out all the similarities between it and Empire (not as a film but imagery). I also LOVE to watch them with my nephews who will, given the chance, watch EP 1, 2 and 4 with equal zeal. Empire is too scary throughout and Jedi has the Rancor, which they aren't thrilled about. They'll watch the end though.

I just disagree that the EP 1 and 2 has "ruined" Star Wars when in actuality the movies have done the same for young children of this era what the original movies did for me. Mold them into rabid Star Wars fanatics.

Raloc

First Post
Things that ruined Eps 1 and 2 for me were, respectively, corniness (Jar Jar) and the actor that played Anakin (though this last applies to both movies). I was severely annoyed by Anakin during both movies. That said, I enjoyed Ep 2 a fair amount, with above reservations.

Raloc said:
Things that ruined Eps 1 and 2 for me were, respectively, corniness (Jar Jar) and the actor that played Anakin (though this last applies to both movies). I was severely annoyed by Anakin during both movies. That said, I enjoyed Ep 2 a fair amount, with above reservations.
Though its funny that if you talk to kids, they LOVE Jar Jar. Very much in the same way many of us got attached to Chewie with the OT.

If you were severely annoyed by Anakin...well, good. At least, in Ep II that's definitely good, as he is just a whiny teenager who isn't getting his way and doesn't like it. Of course he's going to be annoying.

But to each their own. I'm with Fett, these movies are amazing if only for getting a new generation of fans into the series. Besides, there isn't really any way to do Revenge of the Sith without Ep I and II to set it up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases