The Heroes of Icemist (SmallBeginnings 2)- Interlude update 2/21/2008!

Enk&D'Shai

First Post
Hello everyone and welcome to Small Beginnings: Heroes of Icemist. The continuing story of how I mess with the minds of my players.

Stop that, and read the real title, you.

That is the real title..see look at the script.

Well I’ll be... Wait! Who approved this script?

The board of directors and our producers.

Board of… what are you talking about? We don’t have directors or producers!

Yeah right, just because you don’t attend shareholder meetings doesn’t mean we aren’t taking this business forward. Now read your lines like a good lackey.

I’ll deal with you in a moment… Anyway, if you haven’t read Small Beginnings, the first part of this little story, we - the writers - recommend that you start there if you are new to the story hour and our writing antics.

But, even if this is your first trip down the guided tour of how I make Enk suffer...

Hey!

...feel free to jump in and enjoy as we once again begin our trade. To our loyal readers we would also like to apologize for the long delay and hope our work makes up for any inconvenience.

Don’t forget the Tip of the Day.

This Tip is dedicated to my Mother who always accepted my habit of gaming and often supplied the food for me and my demented friends.

If you ever convince your players that the freezer is a photocopier you should probably let your mom know so she won’t be surprised when she finds blank character sheets on top of the ice. Yes, Mom I put the dog out and I will always miss you.

Letters from Home, or Dear Abbie Aurora

Greetings to you Aurora, and good tidings from the Hillshire.

As I sit here, warming my old bones in front of a new fire, I find myself at something of a loss. Last evening, when Ander arrived at the Shimmering Sword with Ashrem in tow and your owl on his arm, I must admit that I was excited at the prospect of news from you and from Tor; perhaps not as excited as Pack – I was not the one that tackled the young man when he first produced your letters – but excited nonetheless. Yet, as the evening closed with yet another reading of your letter to Pack to all who would listen, when I began putting ink to paper I found myself unable to say anything more than what I said to you before you left. So, rather than boring you with the same long lectures I gave when you set out for your second chance at the Academy, I will keep this short.

It is wonderful to hear that your studies go well, and I trust that much of that is due to your new mentor. He struck me as a good man, and one that knew how to handle the sorts of attention that one of your rather unique talents can attract. I tried to impress upon him how important you are to all of us here in Icemist before you departed, and I hope he is treating you as well as we all would wish.

This spring I plan on visiting Tor long enough to transfer title of the Hillshire to my nephew and see my father-in-law. I have not yet been to see him since his elevation to Abbot. Perhaps, in between all these more tedious matters, you would permit an aging man to give you a tour of the city as he saw it when he was young.

One last thing lass. As I said before you left, if you need anything, do not hesitate to go to the Temple of Zuras and tell them I sent you. They will do what they can.

Be well, and may Zuras strike you with as much joy as you can bear,

Theobald Hillshire

Greetings Aurora!

This is the second letter I’ve written to you tonight, because Ander said that mine was too long and would be too heavy for your owl to carry back. I told him I would take out the reference maps I made, but that only brought it down to about 20 pages. Then I said I’d take out some of my stories, like when Worm won the wrestling contest, and when we presented Cris with the money to buy enough food for the winter (you know, from when we sold all the weapons and things we brought back – can you believe what metal is worth since the war?), and when we had a parade through the new square. Well, I was going to take that out anyway, after I remembered that you were here for that. So I’m just going to write a new one and make everything fit.

How is Tor? I know what you put in my letter, and in Ashrem’s and Theo’s too (Ander wouldn’t let me see his – what did you write him that he couldn’t show me?), but what’s it like really.

You should have seen

Sorry about that. Ander just asked me to collect everyone’s letters so he can send them, and I just want to make two things clear. Ashrem seems really upset about not being able to send you a proper gift, I guess this patron thing is really important to him, and I did not tackle Ander when he came in the door. I just thought you should know that.

It looks like I have to hurry, because Ander and Ashrem are getting ready to leave. Everyone here really misses you. I hope you can visit soon. Oh! Or maybe we can visit with Theo!

Love from everyone!

Roscoe P Tosscobble

PACK

PS: I almost forgot! I got to be the master of ceremonies at the end of Festival. I got to eat as much food as I wanted, tell stories, and everyone listened to me sing the song I wrote about what we all did. You really missed it!

PPS: I really didn’t tackle Ander. I don’t care what Theo wrote. He slipped. I just happened to e standing next to him when he did.

PPPS: Do you think you can bring me back something from Tor? Maybe a map of the city, or a story? And, if you get a chance can you go by an inn called the Feathered Serpent? Caine Freeport – he’s the best storyteller alive – owns it, and it would be wonderful if you could tell him about my song. Don’t forget that it’s a true story, that makes it better!

PPPPS: What’s wrong with Ander? He won’t let me read his letter back to you. Are you two talking about me?

PPPPPS: I’m a little worried about Theo. When he comes to visit do you think you can get him to talk about what’s bothering him? He won’t around here.

PPPPPPS: One more thing. Would you mind if Worm and I came and visited you over the summer? I think he’s still a little bit sore over being left behind, and I thought I could make it up to him if we visited a big city.

PPPPPPPS: Are you sure you and Ander aren’t talking about me in those letters? He’s giving me a mean look right now.

In loving memory of PW.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
*does a little dance of joy and is secretly glad no one is here to see him do it*

Good to have you back, boys. I'm ready to settle in for the duration.

Let em' rip!

fett527

First Post
Rel said:
*does a little dance of joy and is secretly glad no one is here to see him do it*

Good to have you back, boys. I'm ready to settle in for the duration.

Let em' rip!

Don't forget the map, you'll need it!

fett527

First Post
Rel said:
See, guys? Your readership might be small, but it's illustrious! ;)

I don't know, we did have over 15,000 views on the other thread. I thought that was pretty good for as many posting delays and gaps there were due to life happening.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases