[OT - SW] "Yoda's one mean motherf**ker", or "I saw AotC last night!!" [Spoilers

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Jedi Fu!
JEDI FU!!
JEDI FU!!!

Yoda is one bad mean motherf**ker.

Last night I got a chance to see Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones on a private screening held by my local geek shop. Damn! This was an entertaining flick!

Lucas still got it in him. Really! No kidding! Attack of the Clones ain’t in the slightest way perfect, it’s got holes like swizz cheese, but fortunately, it’s a very tasty cheese. Let me start on the bad/disappointing aspects of the film.

The Padmé/Anakin love thingy. It’s very, very bad. It’s badly written, badly acted and absolutely devoid of chemstry. There’s a scene where they’re rolling together in the grass in a beautyful flowery field, that really upset my stomach. Blegh! What next? A scene involving Anakin and Padmé standing on the front of a starship with Padmé uttering “I feel like... I’m flying!” Luckily, it’s not overwhelming, and is paced just right so it doesn’t really bring the movie down.

Boba Fett was an annoying little brat. This is more of a little nitpick and it doesn’t really ruin the movie in any way. I would have liked to have him more quiet and menacing. But ya can’t win ‘em all. His relationship with his father is though absolutely perfect. Feels real, full of chemistry. The scene with him after his father’s death is great and I suspect we’ll get a more troubled soul in the next film. More Boba Fett-ish.

The whole droid factory scene was weird, it was fun and entertaining, but weird.

I was looking forward to Bail Organa, I wanted to see Bail Organa in action. He has like two sentances is the whole film and that turtleneck looks bad, really bad. Well, I guess he’ll have a bigger role in the next one.

Why did the Tusken raiders keep Shmi alive for a whole month? What was she, a sextoy or something?

No spacebattles. I wanted a good spacebattle. Oh well, can’t have ‘em all.

Now onto the good stuff.

Coruscant looks fantastic. ‘nuff said.

Jango Fett is kewl. Ultimate badass. But a warning, he ain’t Boba Fett, he doesn’t act and sound like Boba Fett although he looks like him. He’s his own character, with feelings we never saw in Boba. Fatherly love, annoyance, respect. The final scene, after his death, when Boba realizes his father is dead, explains exactly why Boba turns out like he has in the old trilogy.

Jedi Fu! Jedi Fu!! JEDI FU!!! Jedis kicking droid butt! Mace “Ultimate Badass” Windu and Master “One Bad Mean Motherf**ker” Yoda. We get to see Yoda fight. We get to see Yoda FIGHT!! YODA FIGHT!!! Best Star Wars battle EVAH! Screw the Vader/Obi Wan battle from ANH, screw the Luke/Vader battle in RotJ, screw the Darth Maul battle in TPM. Yoda shows us why there’s a ‘master’ in Jedi Master. If you hated the rest of the movie, this scene alone is enough to redeem the whole franchise. Go YODA!

Talking about Jedis, Christopher Lee is a gawd. I’m thinking of abandoning the whole christianity thing and found a religion centering around Mr. Lee. Man, I salute to Lucas to have cast him in the role. He radiates power and menace. When are we gonna see him doing a comic book villain? I want to see him doing a comic book villain!!

Obi Wan is great. It’s uncanny how well he feels like old Ben Kenobi. Confident, calm and sure of himself. Spot on!

Hayden is Vader. Really! He ain’t Anakin, he’s Vader. Anakin didn’t turn slowly into Vader he simply is Vader!

The big clone/droid/jedi battle was awesome. I won’t go into any details, but it’s breathtaking. And to think that this is probably just a small taste of what’s to come in the next one.

There’s a lot more I want to say, but I’m gonna stop myself. This movie is good, trust me, it is. It may have it’s flaws, but all the movies have flaws. That’s just Star Wars.

And this is Star Wars! No doubt about it.

One last comment, the two kewlest sentances in the movie:

Mace “Ultimate Badass” Windu: “The party’s over!”

Obi Wan to Anakin: “I swear, one day, you’ll be the death of me.”

Last edited:

orbitalfreak

First Post
Re: [OT - SW] "Yoda's one mean motherf**ker", or "I saw AotC last night!!" [Spoi

mastermind said:
Obi Wan to Anakin: “I swear, one day, you’ll be the death of me.”

Was this one of those lines that just gives you goosebumps, or was it said in a humourous way? (wierd, foreshadowing in a prequel. Giving you a hint of what's to come, but you've already seen it...)

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Re: Re: [OT - SW] "Yoda's one mean motherf**ker", or "I saw AotC last night!!" [

orbitalfreak said:
Was this one of those lines that just gives you goosebumps, or was it said in a humourous way?
Both.

It was pretty funny hearing that but Obi Wan said it like a concerned parent might have. It did give me the goosepumps, especially when thinking back of it, in a nice nostalgic fashion.

Remove ads