construct thread major update (wildwood golem)

A Crazy Fool

First Post
MICA GOLEM

Large Construct (golem)
Hit Dice: 12d10 (96 hp (30 bonus))
Initiative: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 30 ft
AC: 20 (+1 Dex, -1 size, +10 natural)
BAB/grapple 9/17
Attacks: 2 slam (this does slashing and bludgeoning damage)s +15 melee, launch sheet of
mica (12 day) +9 ranged
Full attack 4 slams 2d4+7 (19-20) or 2 sheets of mica 1d8 (18-20)
Damage: Slam (this does slashing and bludgeoning damage) 2d4+7, launch sheet of mica 1d8
Face/Reach: 10 ft by 10 ft/10 ft
Special Attacks: magic immunity
Special Qualities: Construct, darkvision 60, flash, damaging grapple
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 12, Con ---, Int ---, Wis 12, Cha 1

Challenge Rating: 6
Alignment: Neutral

Construct: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, disease, and similar effects. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage.
Darkvision: This creature can see in complete darkness, up to 60.

Any fire or light affect targeting the golem is randomly redirected to another target within 20 feet

flash: in bright light natural or otherwise creatures looking at the golem are dazzled until they look away and for 1d4 rounds thereafter. in brigh ligh a mica golem gets an additional -10 to hide checks. it also reduces spot dcs by ten

damaging grapple: any creature grappled by a mica golem takes 2d8 slashing damage each turn

i need help with construction and xp stuff. also is the CR right?
edit: is the cr right now?

Last edited:

Ferret

Explorer
I don't have clue about the Creation costs, but I would put the CR lower, and put in the rest of the info about the monster.

You can find how: Here

Ferret

Explorer
But I do liek the idea. Could you put in what the Sheet of mica is? Have you considered it having a blinding aura of mica? Like the Glitterdust spell?

A Crazy Fool

First Post
Whizbang:
if it was a sheet if mica yes, but it is thick which means that most attacks would chip or remove a sheet, also remember that magic would fuse, to some degree anyway the mica to make it humanoid.

how does it look now?

Last edited:

A Crazy Fool

First Post
STONE SKELELETON

Medium-size Construct
Hit Dice: 4d10 (42 hp (+20 bonus))
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 40 ft
AC: 21 (+2 Dex, +7 natural, +2 large shield)
Attacks: Slam +2 melee
Damage: Slam 1d6+2
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft/5 ft
Special Qualities: SR 15, construct, darkvision
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +0
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 14, Con ---, Int ---, Wis 8, Cha 1
Feats: assumed to have proficiency with large sheild and bastard sword (exotic not martial)Challenge Rating: 1
Construct: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, disease, and similar effects. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage.

this is not a golem but it is still a construct
i will finish the rest of this later

A Crazy Fool

First Post
I really need input for this one

REED MAN

Medium-size Construct
Hit Dice: 1d10 (10 hp (+5 bonus))
Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 40 ft
AC: 18 (+3 Dex, +1 natural, +2 leather, +2 large shield)
BAB/grapple: +1/+3
Attacks: Longspear (1d8 x3) +3 meele
Full Attack: As above
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft/5 ft
Special Qualities: flammable , construct, darkvision
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +3, Will -1
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con ---, Int ---, Wis 8, Cha 1
Feats: assumed to be proficeint with all listed items

Challenge Rating: 1/3

Flammable: Saves as an object when saving vs fire effects.

Creation:
A reed man is ceated from many reed mats (dc 10 craft check) (or another similar material) costing 10 gp.
Toatal creation cost for the golem is 200 gp and 60 xp (yes i know it's not 1/25 but i'm making it reasonable) CL 1st

is this too cheap?

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Fool: I love the idea of the Reed Golem. I like constructs for less powerful casters. But having said that, 20 XP for a perfectly loyal servant with a 14 Str seems a bit low. It's not exactly a powerhouse in combat, but even at 1st or 2nd level I'd have about 10 of these things at all times. :)

And given its construct traits, I think I'd give it a CR of 1/2 at least. Also (and I know this is a quibble) shouldn't it have 20 bonus HP for being a Medium Construct? Obviously you can change that, but by the MM guidelines I think that's right.

Here's one I did. Pardon the link, but I can't seem to format things decently in a post:

http://home.comcast.net/~jim.ade/ilium/creatures/BloodGuardian.htm

A Crazy Fool

First Post
i left out the 20 hp for a reason, that's why it has a CR of 1/3 not 1/2 it's factored into the CR for constructs. I will change the creation cost.

Remove ads