Feats

rln

Explorer
I'd recommend changing the wording slightly just to clarify: "your opponent" to "one opponent", since you may actually tumble through several enemies in one round.

A fullround-tumble could allow you to use your full attack bonus and normal move, but that might require an "improved slice through" feat.

I like it; Ogrin may consider using it at higher levels :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
The Maestoso Charisma bonus should probably be enhancement instead of typeless. As written, Bob the BBEG sorcerer could hire out 20 bards with the Maestoso feat to each use all their bardic music on him and gain (assuming the bards have average 16 charisma) +320 to Charisma for 9 minutes. Then he uses those 9 minutes to murder gods ;)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Knight Otu said:
I'll give Bront's version a Yes.

Jdvn, have you thought about the bardic feats?
I'm working on it bit by bit. What do you think of this?

Accelerando [BARDIC]
You can increase the speed of your allies by hastening your performance.
Prerequisites: Ability to use bardic music, Perform 10 ranks.
Benefit: While using your bardic music, you may, as a standard action, speed up your music by expending uses of Bardic Music. Each use of Bardic Music expended may be used to Haste one person for one round per expenditure. This means that you can use one use of Bardic Music to give one person Haste for one round, and you could use two uses to give either two people one round of Haste or one person two rounds of haste. Similarly, with three uses you could give one person three rounds of haste, three people one round of haste, or one person one round of haste and one person two rounds of haste.

Knight Otu

First Post
Slice Through added to the rules thread.

Jdvn1, your new version for Accelerando seems mostly good, but don't you mean "speed up your allies" instead of speed up your music"?

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
Revised due to popular demand.

SLICE THROUGH [GENERAL]
You may strike your opponent when tumbling through them.
Prerequisites: Dex 13+, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, 5 Ranks Tumble, BAB +6
Benefit: As a standard action you can make a normal melee attack against your opponent while tumbling through his square if you succeed your tumble check. The attack happens while in the opponent's square(s), so does not gain any benifits from flanking. You must tumble in a straight line, and be able to make it through to the other side of the opponent as if tumbling normaly (one-half speed). All other rules for tumbling through an opponent's square apply.
Normal: Tumble at one-half speed through an area occupied by an enemy (over, under, or around the opponent) as part of normal movement, provoking no attacks of opportunity while doing so. Failure means you stop before entering the enemy-occupied area and provoke an attack of opportunity from that enemy.

SRD said:
Spring Attack [General]
Prerequisites
Dex 13, Dodge, Mobility, base attack bonus +4.

Benefit
When using the attack action with a melee weapon, you can move both before and after the attack, provided that your total distance moved is not greater than your speed. Moving in this way does not provoke an attack of opportunity from the defender you attack, though it might provoke attacks of opportunity from other creatures, if appropriate. You can’t use this feat if you are wearing heavy armor.

You must move at least 5 feet both before and after you make your attack in order to utilize the benefits of Spring Attack.

Since you can tumble as part of a normal movement anyway, doesn't Spring Attack allready allow everything Slice Through does with fewer restrictions? For example, using Spring Attack and Tumble, couldn't I aproach an opponent, tumble through his square before *or* after my attack, potentially gain flanking, and then depart at any angle I prefer? Am I missing something?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Knight Otu said:
Jdvn1, your new version for Accelerando seems mostly good, but don't you mean "speed up your allies" instead of speed up your music"?
Actually, that's meant as a little bit of color. When you play the music faster, the allies also get faster.

Sorry I haven't updated the other feats--there are a bunch of them and I've had a lot to do.

Remove ads