Torturing myself with music

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Hehe, right now I am listening to video game midis from games I played and really enjoyed, but it is also torture and now I am feeling nostalgia coming on. I still have the games and all, but recreating that feeling you get the first time you play them is impossible. :(

Any music you listen to get you nostalgic?

caudor

Adventurer
Galeros said:
Any music you listen to get you nostalgic?

When I hear Jacob's Ladder (by Rush), I can't help but get nostalgic. That's what I played when running Temple of Elemental Evil for the first time (as background flavor).

The Mortal Kombat theme often evokes memories of my PC gaming days as well.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind will always be the album I first seriously started gaming to. The last track, To Tame a Land, always gets me misty for old school gaming. :D

ragboy

Explorer
caudor said:
When I hear Jacob's Ladder (by Rush)...

Rush always gets me in nostalgic mode. That's the band that's most rooted in my teen-aged years, though Zeppellin and Pink Floyd have that power, as well.

In my 20's, it was a eclectic mix of metal, gangsta rap, and other oddness. Damage, Inc. by Metallica, anything by SOD, MOD, Public Enemy, or Ice T...Tanita Tikaram (the oddness),

Edit: REM, New Model Army, thinking of nostalgia music got me all nostalgic...

Last edited:

MrFilthyIke

First Post
ragboy said:
Rush always gets me in nostalgic mode. That's the band that's most rooted in my teen-aged years, though Zeppellin and Pink Floyd have that power, as well.

In my 20's, it was a eclectic mix of metal, gangsta rap, and other oddness. Damage, Inc. by Metallica, anything by SOD, MOD, Public Enemy, or Ice T...Tanita Tikaram (the oddness).

Stormtroopers Of Death and Method Of Destruction...good stuff.

I'd starting "singing" MOD, but the lyrics would get me banned. :uhoh:

ragboy

Explorer
MrFilthyIke said:
Stormtroopers Of Death and Method Of Destruction...good stuff.

I'd starting "singing" MOD, but the lyrics would get me banned. :uhoh:

It's great tanker music. I got such a great musical education in the Army. When you're forced to deal/live/fight with a diverse group of people from all over the country, you can't help but pick up gems like these:

Spandex Enormity.

Hate Tank.

Pre-menstrual Princess Blues... (hopefully Eric's grandma isn't offended by the title...)

Can't go wrong.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
MrFilthyIke said:
Stormtroopers Of Death
I went to the fridge
To my dismay
There was no milk
My Mom's gonna PAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!

I want some milk!
:p

Rush is my favorite band. Lots of their material reminds me of various points of my life. Can't help to be nostalgic.

other than that, anything off of the first Asia album reminds me of D&D. I wore that cassette out when I was learning the game.

Remove ads