Backstory

I know we've all discussed backstory at some point or another... told each other that "Xath did this" or "L'Aurel did that"... but, I thought it would be nice to have an actual collection of backstories for each of the characters - a sort of glimpse into the character's lives pre-Circle...

So - if you're game - write one up and share it! :)

Xath

Moder-gator
Those still don't say everything though. I'm sure we've told each other stories of the past. Even though the camping was off-screen doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The_Universe

First Post
They don't say everything...but they say enough, largely. Everything is boring, which is why most people don't read encyclopedias for fun. Even biographers pick up only the highlights.

Further, it's a bit late for the revelations of the past to become intricately tied into the game. This kind of thing would (ideally) get written and posted before you hit level 5...certainly before level 10.

For instance, Nightgrove's jeweled daggers are a direct result of something Trina wrote around level 2-3.

What pieces of the past I can work in are more than likely already out there...so be aware of that as you craft your tales.

I didn't start this to share revelations or to change characters in the present. Just wanted a place to learn a little more about what each of the characters was like pre-Circle from their perspective... as a way to build some deeper connections with the characters.

If you think the Story Hour is sufficient/this isn't necessary, Kennon - not a problem with me... feel free to remove the thread. Was just something I was thinking about as I drove to work this morning... :)

Xath

Moder-gator
I'm always up for some more IC action. You might think details are boring, Kennon, but I'd like to get a bit more insight into the mundane aspects of the circle.

The_Universe

First Post
IC discussion and hyper-detailed backstory are not the same thing.

One is great, the other can become a bog.

I think that more IC discussion is an absolute necessity, some of which should happen in the down times. Some of it should happen in the midst of battle.

I don't think details are boring - I just caution against creating so many that it paralyzes action.

My recommendation would be to speak (IC) of the present and future, rather than to dwell on the past. But I'll happily provide details of the past if that's what you want to delve into.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases