Frankthedm's miniature thread: 2014/04/17 Formless Spawn of Tsathoggua

nyrfherdr

First Post
Frank,
Very cool. I especially like the Colossal Hand. I keep wanting to do something like that. Maybe when I free up my schedule a bit, I'll once again be inspired by your creativity and give it a go.

Nice work.

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

frankthedm

First Post
nyrfherdr said:
Frank,
Very cool. I especially like the Colossal Hand. I keep wanting to do something like that. Maybe when I free up my schedule a bit, I'll once again be inspired by your creativity and give it a go.

Nice work.

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

Just chop the hand off an action fig and bam! The circle was a gatorade top's plastic ring{breaks off when you open the bottle]

I am painting up the homemade fig based on this sketch, photo's soon...hopefully

frankthedm

First Post
Clay? No.
Shoggoth and cthonian are primarily hot glue and pipe cleaners.
Ubermensch Major Maxim heroclix & Aquaman heroclix
Armoured giant is a metal fig from Grim Reaper Casting
Tacklemaggot is a catapilliar toy from a school supply store.
The Stone snake was an animal toy from a garage sale.
Amythest Golem and Ice Para-Elemental are both Magestone guardians
The bronze serpent is another animal toy, it came as a string puller on a monitor lizard fig with moving neck and tail.
The bullsquid is made from the various clix bits on a walmart hippo toy.
The Hand in the summoning circle is from a killer crock batman toy.
The lathan fig is mageknight bits and glue soaked paper towl over wire frame.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Few years ago I decided to make an earth elemental based on the one in the 3E MM.

I started with a stick figure of pipe cleaners glued to the base. Took hot glue and started adding small rocks. I didn’t like the results and placed it on a shelf.

A little over a year ago I picked the fig back up. After selecting a collection of rocks and rock like pieces I used a tube of superglue to adhere them to the pipecleaner / hotglue frame. The fumes were something awful.

There was something about the legs that I didn’t like, that there were legs. Giving up on the 3e illo, I used a thick whiteglue and sand mix to fill out the bottom half of the fig and then took sand and smaller rocks to cover some of the rest of the frame and texture it.

It was primed it black and painted as shown above. with gloss sealed it to protect it. It was brought to game, used once as a summon bound to a ring I found with my sorcerer Lathan, and taken home when that game went on hiatus :(

After seeing Peter Lee’s elemental project on the wotc board, I decided to photo mine. As it happed, it was the same time the game I was using it and Lathan in was starting back up, After I finished Lathan’s mini{another of the long time coming project], It got dusted off, got 2 coats of dull coat when the weather turned nice and taken over to my friend’s house who has a cheap digital camera.

Remove ads