TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jokamachi

Explorer
Col_Pladoh said:
As a matter of fact it is much easier to stat out Falstaff in the LA game system using the skill bundles therein than it is to give him a class and level rating.

In Lejendary Adventure game terms I'd give him the Soldier Order Abilities set:
Weapons (64 score), Planning (52 score), Ranging (40 score), Physique (30 score)--with a fifth ability of Pretense at c. 20 score. As he is aged and overweight I'd give him stats of Health 50, Precision 50, and Speed 10.

Cheers,
Gary

Interesting take, Gary. I imagine that were it not for his age, Sir John might do fairly well across the board, but not exceptionally in any particular area, save that of wit, perhaps. I would, however, throw in a few levels of thief considering what he gets Hal into. You know, I think a reread of Henry IV is in order...

Take care,

jokamachi

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Col_Pladoh said:
I came across the Verme in a book about East Indian folklore, and to the best of my recolection the listing in the MMII was its first appearance, even though i like giant fish in outdoor/underwater adventures.

As for the Urd I can't say, as it isn't a creation of mine and I don't have any idea who created it.

OK, thanks. :)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
palleomortis said:
If I were to send somthing to you with the money to ship it back, would you sign it and send it back?
I will do that reluctantly...and if, ond only if, it is a book with a stamped, self-addressed envelope included in the package. I have no interest in finding mailing envelopes and going to the post office and purchasing postage. Signing and putting it out in my mailbox for the postman to pick up is fine.

Cheers,
Gary

Edit: Email me at ggygax@genevaonline.com

Last edited:

Ratughoth

First Post
Hey Gary I just recieved the Lejendary Rules For All Players. Great book but terrible artwork IMHO. Did you have anything to do with the production of this book ( artwise ) ? Some of the art is of dubious sources ( like Devarre Clarce ). I like a few of the illus. but ( with all respect ) , some of it is pretty bad.

Last edited:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Ratughoth said:
Hey Gary I just recieved the Lejendary Rules For All Players. Great book but terrible artwork IMHO. Did you have anything to do with the production of this book ( artwise ) ? Some of the art is of dubious sources ( like Devarre Clarce ). I like a few of the illus. but come on , some of it is so bad that I just can't lie.
Editing and layout are not in my purview in reagrds the publication of the LA game books.

Funny thing about art is that tastes vary. Not a few persons have admired the illustrations. I am rather indifferent to them, although I do like two of the core rules books covers quite well.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
jokamachi said:
Interesting take, Gary. I imagine that were it not for his age, Sir John might do fairly well across the board, but not exceptionally in any particular area, save that of wit, perhaps. I would, however, throw in a few levels of thief considering what he gets Hal into. You know, I think a reread of Henry IV is in order...

Take care,

jokamachi
As to Falstaff's thievery, that's why I put in Pretense Ability. He talked a good game but didn't really deliver.

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases