Look out, DM Venting

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
AUGH!!!!!

I just got a phonecall from my players. Out of four players in my campaign,

1 is not showing up
2 forgot their character sheets
and we're playing at the 4th's house.

I asked them, before we started the campaign even, to give me a version of their character sheet in HTML. TO PREVENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM HAPPENING!

Now I'm going to spend an hour driving around guelph picking up character sheets so they can play, when I'm already running late and have had a moderately bad day.

Make things worse, I feel like I'm forcing them to play D&D, they'd rather play something "fun" like Big Eyes Small Mouth.

SIGH

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Damn - this sucks. :(

Myself, I keep my players' sheets with me to prevent such a thing from happening. If they want to take a sheet with them, they can make a copy - but I always keep the original...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
There seems to be a vast Guelph between your expectations and their performance. :D

Sorry - but do you think this is passive aggressive? Depends how badly they want to play BESM, I suppose. How frustrating.

I sort of know how you feel. We just had the Boston EN Boards Paranoia game. It was great fun - but we had a ton of cancellations for various reasons, and it turned out to be three EN Boarders (Conaill, Umbran and Kajamba Lion) and two women I game with in other campaigns. It was a bad weekend for a lot of people. We had fun, though!

bwgwl

First Post
Darkness said:
Myself, I keep my players' sheets with me to prevent such a thing from happening. If they want to take a sheet with them, they can make a copy - but I always keep the original...

i do this as well when i DM, not only to prevent this problem, but the "mighty morphin' character sheet" problem... you know, when their skills, feats, spells, etc. all change from session to session.

Rashak Mani

First Post
As a player I carry around all my Character Sheets in a kind of plastic organizer/folder with many different compartments....

Sometimes we have multiple campaigns going and because someone couldnt make it we play another campaign which the missing player isnt in.

Make your players more organized....

Jerrid Al-Kundo

First Post
I, too, keep the original PC Sheets. Prevents such issues. I used to forget my character a bit for the game I was in once, but I lived 1/2 a block away, so it was never a big hassle.

Rashak Mani said:
Sometimes we have multiple campaigns going and because someone couldnt make it we play another campaign which the missing player isnt in.
I do this now, myself, and I've only got 3 Players (all in one, two in one, and two solo games).

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Piratecat said:
I sort of know how you feel. We just had the Boston EN Boards Paranoia game. It was great fun - but we had a ton of cancellations for various reasons,

Actually, I'd love to play Paranoia. My group, however, seems to have a problem with anything other than BESM.

d20
Cthulhu
MET
Palladium

and I got here and was told that one of my players doesn't like d20 and doesn't want to play D&D any more. So there goes my campaign.

PenguinKing

First Post
You know, you can run a pretty decent D&D-type campaign in BESM - 3E's over-the-top "wahoo" approach to character building and advancement translates extremely well to BESM. ;)

- Sir Bob.

Corinth

First Post
thatdarncat said:
I just got a phonecall from my players. Out of four players in my campaign,

1 is not showing up
2 forgot their character sheets
and we're playing at the 4th's house.

I asked them, before we started the campaign even, to give me a version of their character sheet in HTML. TO PREVENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM HAPPENING!
Brother, I know your pain.

This is my hot-button issue in gaming these days. I've been screwed every which way because of lax communication between myself and my players over the years, and I don't tolerate it anymore. My solution is to make clear to the others that, if they say nothing when I prompt for input, then I will assume that they will accept whatever I decide to do and I act accordingly.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases