Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 53 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 527
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574

    Ignore Rae ArdGaoth

    Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

    The excited young man waits outside the Red Dragon Inn for all of his master's potential employees. "Oh he'll be glad that you all came, and so fast! His tower is just outside of the city, just outside, y'know. Only about an hour of walking, not much, not much at all!" The happy kid shifts his weight again and again, patient but way too excited to stand still.
    Last edited by Rae ArdGaoth; Friday, 8th April, 2005 at 04:03 AM.
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

    LEW Character Judge

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Animus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Duluth ga
    Posts
    1,367

    Ignore Animus
    Garrit exits the Red Dragon Inn, following the boy. He smiles and says, "I see you're excited about this."
    "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

  • #3
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dungannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    3,590

    Ignore Dungannon
    Devlin joins the small but growing group outside the Inn.

    "Excuse me young man, but do we have time to gather our gear before we head out? I'd hate to leave my donkey behind only to discover later that he'd be of some use."

    Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

  • #4
    Heading out the door after Garritt, Jasper stops right beside him. "I'm ready to go already! All I need is my little backpack and a mind like a sponge. Check and check. So, when are we going?" Jasper begins jumping for joy at the thought of a new and exciting adventure awaiting him.

  • #5
    Cryndo leaves the tavern and follows the group. "This is going to be great!"

  • #6
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,666

    Ignore Enkhidu
    My communities:

    Malen, trudges out of the inn with a sigh and gives a wordless wave to everyone. With his pack slung over both shoulders, brace of daggers, and his thick walking stick, he looks vaguely like a pilgrim; though his leather vest, festooned with pockets smelling of unguents, herbs, and occasionally less wholesome aromas and his recently used crossbow mark him as something a bit different.

    [currently memorized spells list: dancing lights, detect magic, read magic, sleep, unseen servent]
    I was the Iron DM: Iron DM Winter 2004 and Newbie Holiday Iron DM 2003

    Check out the Small Beginnings Story Hour, completed, and the new thread the Heroes of Icemist.Or a new SH In the Shadow of the Wood

  • #7
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574

    Ignore Rae ArdGaoth
    "Oh, sure! Of course, you can bring a donkey, sure sure, go right ahead, I'll wait." The boy doesn't look like he's in the mood for waiting, he's nearly bursting with energy, but he will wait for Devlin to get his donkey.

    OOC: Scout989, you haven't posted in here yet, are you still joining this adventure?
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

    LEW Character Judge

  • #8
    OoC: Absolutely I'm in, just didn't spot the thread.

    IC
    Luthiel walks out into the sunlight, watching everyone else in the party, trying to figure them all out. He is slightly puzzled by the dwarf, but so far everyone seems to be all right. "Well I didn't get much of a chance to get to know everyone earlier, though I guess I should just be grateful that opportunity came knocking so promptly. Tell me, as you seem to know each other, are we well prepared as a group for whatever eventualities may occur?"
    OoC:He only asks this if there is sufficient time while we are all getting ready to depart.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Rae ArdGaoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    3,574

    Ignore Rae ArdGaoth
    "Any... er... 'eventualities'? That word, I know that word... well, eh, you'll know, if you, y'know, pass the... the test. Well no! Not 'if', of course not 'if', I meant 'when', 'when you pass the test'. Right? Ha! Ha ha! Of course!" He looks nervous, as though he fears that he has offended the adventurers and has made them mad at him. Again seeing no glares, he relaxes and his excitement builds.

    Once Devlin returns with his donkey and gear (and anyone else who needs to get their stuff), the wizard's apprentice says, "All right? Ready to go? Okay then, follow me, right this way, come on!" He starts to run down the street, then he slows to a walk and waits embarrasedly for the party, then hustles along just in front of them, turning around frequently and tripping over rocks.

    He babbles most of the way, saying things like, "My master's quite the wizard, y'know, a good one, he is." and "I was born here, I was, indeed, the master, he took me in, he's like a father, but he's strict too, but I like him, and he's a magnificent wizard, too!" and "My master's tower, it's really old, it's pretty big, too, he's got lots of experiments and things going on all the time."

    After about an hour and a half of walking, the party has left the city and has entered a small forest just to the north. Along the trail are old wooden signs with warnings scrawled on them:

    BEWARE OF BEASTS

    They come upon a small clearing in the wood. The young apprentice shouts, "Ah! We're here, oh good, we're here, and so soon after he sent me! Oh goo..." He trails off and looks into the clearing. In the middle rests the pointed roof of an old tower, apparently blasted off the top of its coordinating building which stands on the far side of the clearing.

    Glancing from the tower to the fallen roof and then back at the party, the boy says, "Oh... oh dear... oh dear. Wait here, sirs, please, wait... oh dear!" He sprints off in the direction of the tower's base screaming, "Master! Oh master! Sir! Are you there? Sir!!"

    OOC: You can introduce yourselves to each other better now. Assume that the discussion takes place during the walk to the tower. It's convenient for me (and for everyone else) if you title any of your posts with your character's name, race, his class/es, and level.
    Last edited by Rae ArdGaoth; Wednesday, 30th March, 2005 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Spelled 'here' like this: 'hear' I think in sounds, not words =P
    Currently playing...

    Living EN World

    Rasereit Vundinn, the red-haired dwarven barbarian. (Level 8)

    LEW Character Judge

  • #10
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dungannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    3,590

    Ignore Dungannon

    Devlin Magruder, human male rogue 3

    "Well, that doesn't look intentional., Devlin comments with a slight grin. He looks at his companions on this journey. Maybe a little young, but definitely full of promise, he decides.

    "So, what are everyone's particular talents? Mine, incedently, is information gathering."

    Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 53 123456789101151 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)
      By Wik in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 133
      Last Post: Friday, 10th October, 2008, 08:54 PM
    2. R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]
      By Dungannon in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1473
      Last Post: Tuesday, 20th November, 2007, 08:27 PM
    3. Niobe's Dilemma (Manzanita Judging)
      By Bront in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 876
      Last Post: Friday, 9th March, 2007, 06:08 AM
    4. Wizard and Cook [Manzanita judging]
      By Velmont in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 110
      Last Post: Thursday, 15th June, 2006, 02:43 PM
    5. Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)
      By two in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 803
      Last Post: Sunday, 20th November, 2005, 08:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •