Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The excited young man waits outside the Red Dragon Inn for all of his master's potential employees. "Oh he'll be glad that you all came, and so fast! His tower is just outside of the city, just outside, y'know. Only about an hour of walking, not much, not much at all!" The happy kid shifts his weight again and again, patient but way too excited to stand still.

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin joins the small but growing group outside the Inn.

"Excuse me young man, but do we have time to gather our gear before we head out? I'd hate to leave my donkey behind only to discover later that he'd be of some use."

Tassadar

First Post
Heading out the door after Garritt, Jasper stops right beside him. "I'm ready to go already! All I need is my little backpack and a mind like a sponge. Check and check. So, when are we going?" Jasper begins jumping for joy at the thought of a new and exciting adventure awaiting him.

Enkhidu

Explorer
Malen, trudges out of the inn with a sigh and gives a wordless wave to everyone. With his pack slung over both shoulders, brace of daggers, and his thick walking stick, he looks vaguely like a pilgrim; though his leather vest, festooned with pockets smelling of unguents, herbs, and occasionally less wholesome aromas and his recently used crossbow mark him as something a bit different.

[currently memorized spells list: dancing lights, detect magic, read magic, sleep, unseen servent]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Oh, sure! Of course, you can bring a donkey, sure sure, go right ahead, I'll wait." The boy doesn't look like he's in the mood for waiting, he's nearly bursting with energy, but he will wait for Devlin to get his donkey.

OOC: Scout989, you haven't posted in here yet, are you still joining this adventure?

scout989

First Post
OoC: Absolutely I'm in, just didn't spot the thread.

IC
Luthiel walks out into the sunlight, watching everyone else in the party, trying to figure them all out. He is slightly puzzled by the dwarf, but so far everyone seems to be all right. "Well I didn't get much of a chance to get to know everyone earlier, though I guess I should just be grateful that opportunity came knocking so promptly. Tell me, as you seem to know each other, are we well prepared as a group for whatever eventualities may occur?"
OoC:He only asks this if there is sufficient time while we are all getting ready to depart.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Any... er... 'eventualities'? That word, I know that word... well, eh, you'll know, if you, y'know, pass the... the test. Well no! Not 'if', of course not 'if', I meant 'when', 'when you pass the test'. Right? Ha! Ha ha! Of course!" He looks nervous, as though he fears that he has offended the adventurers and has made them mad at him. Again seeing no glares, he relaxes and his excitement builds.

Once Devlin returns with his donkey and gear (and anyone else who needs to get their stuff), the wizard's apprentice says, "All right? Ready to go? Okay then, follow me, right this way, come on!" He starts to run down the street, then he slows to a walk and waits embarrasedly for the party, then hustles along just in front of them, turning around frequently and tripping over rocks.

He babbles most of the way, saying things like, "My master's quite the wizard, y'know, a good one, he is." and "I was born here, I was, indeed, the master, he took me in, he's like a father, but he's strict too, but I like him, and he's a magnificent wizard, too!" and "My master's tower, it's really old, it's pretty big, too, he's got lots of experiments and things going on all the time."

After about an hour and a half of walking, the party has left the city and has entered a small forest just to the north. Along the trail are old wooden signs with warnings scrawled on them:

BEWARE OF BEASTS

They come upon a small clearing in the wood. The young apprentice shouts, "Ah! We're here, oh good, we're here, and so soon after he sent me! Oh goo..." He trails off and looks into the clearing. In the middle rests the pointed roof of an old tower, apparently blasted off the top of its coordinating building which stands on the far side of the clearing.

Glancing from the tower to the fallen roof and then back at the party, the boy says, "Oh... oh dear... oh dear. Wait here, sirs, please, wait... oh dear!" He sprints off in the direction of the tower's base screaming, "Master! Oh master! Sir! Are you there? Sir!!"

OOC: You can introduce yourselves to each other better now. Assume that the discussion takes place during the walk to the tower. It's convenient for me (and for everyone else) if you title any of your posts with your character's name, race, his class/es, and level.

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin Magruder, human male rogue 3

"Well, that doesn't look intentional., Devlin comments with a slight grin. He looks at his companions on this journey. Maybe a little young, but definitely full of promise, he decides.

"So, what are everyone's particular talents? Mine, incedently, is information gathering."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases