The Office

Enforcer

Explorer
I couldn't finish watching it, dear lord was it awful. That's all I've got to say on the subject, thank you for your time.

Insight

Adventurer
I really like Steve Carell, but The Office is terrible. He should go back to The Daily Show, where he belongs. Pretty funny in Anchorman too.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Man, what if the end part was great?

I'll never know either, but still!

What a bland show that was. I didn't see last week, don't know if I'll see next week.

How much do they have to pay for the critics to call it the best new comedy? I mean come on!

Insight

Adventurer
Vocenoctum said:
Man, what if the end part was great?

I'll never know either, but still!

What a bland show that was. I didn't see last week, don't know if I'll see next week.

How much do they have to pay for the critics to call it the best new comedy? I mean come on!

That's what you get to listening to 'critics'. Anything aired during a commercial for the show is not going to balanced criticism. In fact, I contend that balanced criticism on network airwaves is just about dead. Everyone is shilling for something, and being paid by someone to say something nice about some project.

And, no, the end part was no better than the rest. You missed nothing. I, on the other hand, would like to have those 22 minutes back.

John Crichton

First Post
Um.

While not the best 22 minutes of TV ever, I did like it. The whole "race" thing that Michael ran after the diversity guy ("Mr. Brown. Right.") left was hilarious. The black guy got Black. Thinking "Mexican" was derogatory. Heheh. What a buffoon. The Chris Rock bit was funny, too.

Come to think of it, the whole darn ep was hilarious. I worked in retail for 8+ years and while there aren't people that idiotic that I have met, there are some managers that are pretty darn close.

I also enjoyed the subplot of the guy losing 25% of his yearly sales in one fell swoop to his office nemesis and then the simple act of the secretary snuggling next to him for 5 seconds and getting a little smile at the end made it a really good day. It ain't reality but it's closer to what happens than in any "reality TV" show.

I look forward to more eps.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases