(Proposal)Some UA OGC Stuffs

Wyrmslayer

First Post
I like to propose adding these Unearthed Arcana content.
I check already that these are OGC (Open Gaming Content);)

Barbarian Variants

Ape Totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the ape totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

-At 1st level, an ape-totem barbian gains a climb speed equal to one-half his base land speed (round down to the nearest 5-foot interval). For instance, a human, elf, half-elf, or half-ord ape-totem barbarian has a climb speed of 15 feet, while a dwarf, gnome, or halfling ape-totem barbarian has a climb speed of 10 feet. See Movement Modes, page 311 of the Monster Manual for more information on creatures with a climb speed.
-At 2nd level, an ape-totem barbarian gains a =2 bonus on intimidate checks.
-At 3rd level, an ape-totem barbarian gains Power Attack as a bonus feat.
-At 5th level, an ape-totem barbarian's climb speed equals his base land speed.

Bear Totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the bear totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

-At 1st-level a bear-totem barbarian gains Toughness as a bonus feat.
-At 2nd level a bear-totem barbarian gains Improved Grapple as a bonus feat, even if he doesn't meet the normal prerequisites.
-At 3rd level a bear-totem barbarian gains Great Fortitude as a bonus feat.
-At 5th level a bear-totem barbarian gaina a +4 bonus on grapple checks when raging.

Boar Totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the Boar totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

-When raging, a 1st-level boar-totem barbarian is treated as having the Diehard feat, even if he doesn't meet the normal prerequisites.
-At 3rd level and higher, rage lasts for 2 rounds longer than normal.
-Beginning at 7th level, a boar-totem barbarian's damage reduction is 1 point higher than the normal value. Thus, at 7th level, a boar-totem barbarian's damage reduction is 2/-, and it rises by 1 point every three levels thereafter.

Dragon Totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the Dragon totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

-A 1st-level dragon-totem barbarian gains Blind-Fight as a bonus feat.
-At 2nd level a dragon-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus on saves against paralysis and sleep effects.
-At 5th level a dragon-totem barbarian gains the frightful presence ability (se page 309 of the Monster-Manual). The save DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 barbarian level + Barbarian's Cha modifier.

Eagle Totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the Eagle totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

-At 1st level, an eagle-totem Barbarian/s keen vision grants him a +2 bonus on Spot Check.
-An eagle-totem barbarian gains Lightning Reflexes as a bonus feat at 3rd level.

Horse Totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the Horse totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

-At 2nd level, a horse-totem barbarian gains Run as a bonus feat.
-At 3rd level, a horse-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus to Handle Animal checks made with regard to horses and a +2 bonus on Ride checks made to ride a horse.
-At 5th level, a horse-totem barbarian gains Endurance as a bonus feat.

Jaguar Totem class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the jaguar totem represents the "standard" barbarian and gains tbe barbarian class features as described in the Players Handbook.

Lion Totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the lion totem does not gaion the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

-At 1st level, a lion-totem barbarian gains Run as a bonus feat
-A 2nd level lion-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus on Hide Checks.
-A 5th level lion-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus on damage rolls whenever he charges.

Serpent Totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the serpent totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

-At 1st level, a serpent-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus on Fortitude saves against poison
-A 2nd level serpent-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus on Move Silently checks.
-At 3rd level, a serpent-totem barbarian faind Improved Grapple as a bonus feat, even if he doesn't meet the normal prerequisites.
-A serpent-totem barbarian gains Improved Inititive as a bonus feat at 5th level.

Wolf totem Class Features

A barbarian dedicated to the wolf totem does not gain the standard uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilites.

-A 2nd level wolf-totem barbarian gains Improved Trip as a bonus feat, even if he doesn't meet the normal prerequisites.
-A 5th level wolf-totem barbarian gains Track as a bonus feat.

Wyrmslayer

First Post
These too. Rage Variant: Whirling Frenzy

A barbarian with this variant for of rage doesn't gain the normal bonuses when he enters a rage, he temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength and a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class and on Reflex saves. While in a whirling frenzy, the barbarian may make one extra attack in a round at his highest bas attack bonus, but this attack takes a -2 penalty, as does each other attack made that round. This penalty applies for 1 round, so it also affects attacks of oppourtunity the barbarian might make before his next action.

Whirling frenzy is otherwise identical to the standard barbarian rage in all other ways. At 11th level (when a standard barbarian gains greater rage), the Strenght bonus increases to +6, and the dodge bonus to Armor Class and on Reflex saves increases to +3. At 20th level (when a standard barbarian gains mighty rage), the strength bonus increases to +8, and the dodge bonus to Armor Class and on Reflex saves increases to +4.

A barbarian using this variant doesn't gain indomitable will at 14th level. Instead, he gains evasion, but only while in a whirling frenzy.

A character can't use whirling frenzy at the same time that he uses any other form of rage (or similar ability).

Manzanita

First Post
The 'animal' barbarian templates seem reasonable. Not overpowered, and could lend some nice flavor to a barbarian. I have no problem with them.

The whirling Frenzy seems a bit tough. Am I reading it correctly? In exchange for the +4 con, you essentially get +4 (relative) AC, evasion, and two weapon fighting? What am I missing?

LogicsFate

First Post
Hi everone, I want to reopen the proposal minus whirling frenzy. Though I might not even use the variant I think it's a good idea with a lot of flavor.

Comments? suggestion? Can I even reopen a proposal? Would I have to make my own? Is anyone going to yell at me?

orsal

LEW Judge
LogicsFate said:
Comments? suggestion? Can I even reopen a proposal? Would I have to make my own? Is anyone going to yell at me?

Proposals don't formally get closed, just approved or voted down, and this one is neither. So it was already open. You did, however, remind us about it by bumping the thread.

At a glance, I would approve this, although now that I am a judge I'd like to take a closer look before making that official.

LogicsFate

First Post
Take all the time you need, no rush. I saw a viable proposal and figured that the only reason it didn't get voted on was the whole unknown poster/Frienzy thing

Also I called in reopen because the orginal poster is long gone, so it looks like I'll be the one to argue for it;)

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
I've been hearing that the totem barbarians tend to be underpowered compared to the standard barbarian, while whirling frenzy apparently is considered more powerful. Though I suppose whirling frenzy might make a nice change for Sairundani barbarians.:lol:

Well, I have no real problem voting yes on the totem variants, but for the Whirling Frenzy, my vote is No.

LogicsFate

First Post
WF would be a nice addition to any barbarian, on a dervish type...*Shutter*
I'd rather pretend that proposal wasn't even there, and then we can just stick to the totems

Bront

The man with the probe
LogicsFate, maybe you should start a new thread with only the totem barbs on it just to seperate it (This post won't ever be updated otherwise).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases