Anyone still running a 3.0 game ?

Melkor

Explorer
Not trying to start an edition war - just curious if anyone is still enjoying games using the 3.0 rules set. I've seen a lot of cheap 3.0 books (in brand new condition) lately, that I have thought about picking up to use with a future 3.0 campaign (heavy use of the Tome of Horrors, Necromancer Games supplements, and some other 3.0 supplements).

If any of you are playing in a current 3.0 campaign, when it ends, are you switching to 3.5 ?

Last edited:

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Yeah, a guy in my group runs Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. After we finish it we're moving to 3.5 though. If there was a RttToEE 3.5 conversion pack, we'd be at 3.5 already.

Henry

Autoexreginated
One of our DMs is running a game where we can use 3.0 or 3.5 rules for characters - as long as we are consistent for that character. I'm using a 3.5 fighter, and another player is using a 3.0 fighter. I keep kidding him that I DROWN by different rules from him! :)

Samnell

Explorer
BiggusGeekus said:
Yeah, a guy in my group runs Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. After we finish it we're moving to 3.5 though. If there was a RttToEE 3.5 conversion pack, we'd be at 3.5 already.

There is an unofficial conversion on Monte's boards.

Navar

Explorer
Henry in that game it would be great to play a shadow weave adept with spell focus and lot of save or die spells (with haste :) )

Henry

Autoexreginated
Henry in that game it would be great to play a shadow weave adept with spell focus and lot of save or die spells (with haste :) )

No, it wouldn't - it's a low-magic game, and any wizards besides the one we have now nor any clerics with healing power are forbidden. :)

VirgilCaine

First Post
Henry said:
No, it wouldn't - it's a low-magic game, and any wizards besides the one we have now nor any clerics with healing power are forbidden. :)

Which explains why you have two fighters in the party. Just kidding.

I use 3.0 rules. I don't see why I should buy new books when I can get the old ones that are just as good much cheaper.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Although I run and play in mostly 3.5 games, I have kept my 3.0 PHB and splats just in case I should ever get involved with a group that doesn't use the 3.5 ruleset.

My 3.0 game's been running since shortly after the game's release and the party is 18th level. There's no way, short of a Forgotten Realms Time of Troubles-esque maneuver I could ret-con all the rules changes.

I allow access to a limited quantity of 3.5 items but truth be told I don't like most of the 3.5 supplements. The changes to the core 3 are fine (man, I much prefer MM3.5's monster advancements!) and I'm using the XPH instead of the PsiHB but some bits of Complete Arcane and Divine give me an uncontrollable twitch.

I still run a 3.0 campaign, at least until it finishes and I get to fully switch to Castles & Crusades.
I've picked up a fair amount of used product at low prices because they were superseded by 3.5 revisions.

I do use some 3.5 stuff, but the core rulebooks I use are all 3.0.

Remove ads