The Classic Movie Monster Project

Scorpion13

First Post
Im a big fan of monster movies, especially the old ones from Universal and Hammer and such.

What Im proposing is this: We get together and post stats for various classic monster such as Dracula, The Frankenstein Monster , The Wolf-Man and others. Guys like Jason and the Aliens get statted all the time, dont you think that their fore-fathers deserve the same respect? I sure do.

And it doesnt need to be just stats. Got a prestige class that would fit right in a Hammer Dracula movie? Post it! The effects of being injected with Tanna Leaves? Post it!

Who else is interested in this?

Olly

First Post
Great idea, Scorpion13!

I'm thinking about running a Masque Of The Red Death campaign at the moment, so any of the classic monsters would fit right in there! Plus, you've got the indomitable DnDChick by your side, so I can see this thread going places! :D

I'll help in whatever way I can, though, admittedly, my expertise in monster making isn't the best! I'm more of an 'ideas man'! I'll be like Q to your James Bond! :heh:

Scorpion13

First Post
DND Chick: Baby, we can start anytime we want. I was actually thinking of putting out a book like the D20 MST3K Project or Michael Treisca's various kick-ass supplements.

Olly: Sounds great. We always need good ideas.

Goodie, I didnt know if anybody would actually want to participate with this. Now Im excited! WOOOOP!!!!

Olly

First Post
Olly: Sounds great. We always need good ideas.

Glad to know I'm appreciated! ;)

Personally, I'd rather like somebody to stat up Dr. Frankenstein's loyal henchman, Igor (or Ygor, if played by Bela Lugosi!).

igor.jpg

(Igor, played here by Marty Feldman, in the movie, Young Frankenstein, 1974)

Although he's by no means as evil or powerful as Dracula or the Wolfman, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Igor, in all of his various incarnations, imagine he'd be quite a bit of fun to stat up, especially considering that he often hints that he may not be entirely human. I vaguely recall one of Igor's lines being something like "If they find out about this, they'll hang me again!" :lol:

I imagine that in standard D&D terms, he'd be a multiclass commoner/rogue and in Masque Of The Red Death terms, he'd probably be a multiclass tradesman/criminal. What say you?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Personally, I think Igor should be a template, ala the Terry Pratchett take on a whole culture of Igors. And I volunteer to stat them up.

Demiurge out.

Olly

First Post
Shade said:
I wouldn't mind helping out. I've always wanted to stat up the Creature From The Black Lagoon. :)

In the Ravenloft monster manual, Denizens of Dread, there are stats for creatures called Reavers, which are basically, bigger, beefier sahuagin. I've always thought they had a Creature From The Black Lagoon-vibe going on! ;)

Remove ads