Battle Hall of Fame

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner said:
I do not think it is necessary to have an Ex damage category, as there are very few damaging Ex abilities that are not normal attacks anyway.

Actually the constrict ability is Ex, so it might be fun to include it as well.

I was thinking I could add categories for ability damage, one for a single ability, and one for total ability damage in one round (for example 3 dex + 3 str damage from a poison or a ghost ability).

HawQ

First Post
Im just curious, what alignment has the lead right now =) I know Im not leading, but I'd like to think Im above average =)

Gansk

Explorer
HawQ said:
Im just curious, what alignment has the lead right now =) I know Im not leading, but I'd like to think Im above average =)

The definition of "in the lead" is subjective. I could put a victory tally in this thread or a new one and include total CR's defeated. Or I could make periodic announcements similar to the one I made for the Mechanus arena.

My only concern is that at this stage, luck plays a large factor. If players perceive that their performance is "below average", they may get frustrated and direct some of that frustration at my dice rolling.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
I'm up for a scoreboard:
Bouts Won/Lost/Drew/Total
EL Won/Lost/Draw/Total
Current Round
Average Bout length

I used EL instead of total CR, since CR isn't linearly additive.

As for luck, it will always play a factor. That's even truer when we hit the high CR monsters and start seeing Save-or-Die.

For the dice rolling, You could do a list of rolls, posted, and consumed as you use them. Kind of a web-based roll-in-front-of-the-players.

Finally, how about a "Clubhouse" thread for non-combat OOC (or IC) discussion? If nothing else, it'd give us a common place for "cover-me" requests.

Gansk

Explorer
GuardianLurker said:
Finally, how about a "Clubhouse" thread for non-combat OOC (or IC) discussion? If nothing else, it'd give us a common place for "cover-me" requests.

Feel free to start a thread and I'll make it sticky so it doesn't rotate with the arena threads.

ugulu

First Post
I'd just like to point out that the Kobold (rest his evil little soul) played way above his weight class. If he didn't just consider a fire beetle a delicacy, he might respect it.

Oh: and what does the 'pound-for-pound' category mean?

Gansk

Explorer
GuardianLurker said:
I'm up for a scoreboard:
Bouts Won/Lost/Drew/Total
EL Won/Lost/Draw/Total
Current Round
Average Bout length

I used EL instead of total CR, since CR isn't linearly additive.

OK, I'll try to start this up.

Gansk

Explorer
ugulu said:
I'd just like to point out that the Kobold (rest his evil little soul) played way above his weight class. If he didn't just consider a fire beetle a delicacy, he might respect it.

Oh: and what does the 'pound-for-pound' category mean?

Combined CR's defeated / Creature CR

The giant fire beetle is 1/3 CR and defeated 4/3 CR's worth of creatures.

Gansk

Explorer
GuardianLurker said:
For the dice rolling, You could do a list of rolls, posted, and consumed as you use them. Kind of a web-based roll-in-front-of-the-players.

I'm not quite sure how this would work. Couldn't players predict rolls this way? Is the bookkeeping worth it?

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
All at once...

Gansk -

1) like the scoreboard.
2) Wasn't sure if the forum was setup to allow nonmoderators to start a thread. Clubhouse will be built soon.

3) Can't speak to the bookkeeping aspect, only you can judge that. But as for predicting, I'd assume that you'd be running *everyone's* rolls off the same list. Unless you had long runs of high (or low), I doubt anyone could "game" the list successfully. Especially considering how many "time-compressed" battles run.

I can see where it'd be awkward though. You may just want to keep it in reserve.

Remove ads