CE vs. N (FFA): Very Young Howling Dragon vs. Thunder Worm

SixFootGnome

First Post
Moon Rat

A seemingly normal rat enters the arena. How close to appropriate that appearance is depends on the phase of the moon. For now, intimidated by the charging monkey, the rat double-moves 30' north.

Gansk

Explorer
Oooooooh now I get it!

The light in the arena is artificial, so unfortunately the moonrat cannot benefit from natural moonlight, regardless of the phase.

I will assume the rat is at position 85N0E based on your move. It is allowed to enter the arena anywhere it wants on the western edge, not just the center.

Round 2:

The monkey runs into the moonrat's square.

Gansk

Explorer
Ouch!

The moonrat delivers a vicious bite! (Rolled 21) 1 point of damage! The monkey has 3 hp left.

Round 3:

The monkey is so shocked by the pain that it barely tries to bite back. (Rolled natural 1)

SixFootGnome

First Post
Moon Rat Attacks!

Praying dimwittedly to the powers of darkness to prolong her string of luck, the rat tries to grab a mouthful of mutilated monkey-meat!

Gansk

Explorer
Ouch again!

The rat delivers an even more vicious bite! (Rolled 22) 1 point of damage. The monkey has 2 hp left.

Round 4:

The rat dodges the monkey's bite! (Rolled 12)

At this point the monkey just plans to bite the rat indefinitely. If the rat doesn't plan to change its strategy, I will time compress this combat and roll until one of them dies.

SixFootGnome

First Post
Lunar Madness

Indeed, the simpleminded (albeit horribly evil) rat is in the fight of it's life. There is nowhere to hide, nor any other obvious recourse. Her intellect precludes the subtle. To the death!

All of which is an overcomplicated way of saying, "Compress away!"

Gansk

Explorer
Here we go....

The monkey bites the rat the next round and the rat misses its dying blow.

Round 6:

The monkey backs up to 85N55E.

Next up for CE: a twig blight (MM II)

SixFootGnome

First Post
Blight Attack!

A horrible accumulation of knotted branches and roots that vaguely approximates a humanoid form enters the arena and charges at the simian before clawing at it with a sharp-ended branch oozing with black sap!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases