Why are Warforged so bad?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh-I didn't think to check the date. :l Yeah I'm new here. Sorry bout that. 12 years, hotdamn, this thread was made when I was :):):):)ing six. Weird to think about

I asked you to drop the profanity. Please review the rules you agreed to literally just yesterday.

rounser

First Post
Warforged, to me, are just a dumb, tasteless idea. Fantasy robots who aren't golems. The idea is a non-starter.

I don't like Eberron either, and am glad it has set off into the sunset. I understand that it won the setting competition because it echoed ideas put forward by a lot of other competitors, so WOTC thought it would be popular. Big mistake. A lot of people trying to be original in fantasy come up with the same bad ideas.

Stray too far from mythology in fantasy and you pay the price.

(It has something to do with our souls, if you even believe such things exist, thus the extreme popularity of the fantasy genre. People with souls like fantasy without exception, which is probably good news for you if you're reading this, because it means you'll come back. After death, you'll spend approximately three unhappy years spent in a quantum state called Summerland, and bam, you're back in another body, possessing a foetus by merging with a conciousness similar to that of your soul, which is a mindless artificial conciousness process as old as the universe itself and that deals solely in tendencies and emotions. Yes, D&D actually has a very strong connection with the occult. The D&D occult scare back in the 80s was actually far from baseless.)

Campaign setting-wise, I believe everyone should play Thunder Rift. It has everything D&D needs in a microcosm small enough to detail and get to know, and sticks to the rich vein of Tolkienesque mythology.

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
Oh, how I love the ignore-list feature!

It allows me to stay calm and in a positive mindset, regardless of how many disagreeable, opiniated, and just plain _wrong_ posts are added to topics that interest me.
Much better than feeling pressured into joining a discussion that simply cannot end well.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I have a theory that this thread was created for the sole purpose of determining exactly how many times and how many different ways it needs to be explained that Warforged are in no way, shape or form robots and anyone who treats them as such understands neither them nor Eberron, as a campaign setting.

We apparently still have not determined the answer to that question.

Mikehold09

First Post
I have to interrupt a minute to say, Gez, that's the MOST innovative and useful use of the SBLOCK feature here that I've ever seen. Awesome work!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases