Dry Erase Battle Mat

dreaded_beast

First Post
Can anyone steer me in the direction of a good dry erase battle mat?

Right now I'm using the battle mat from the DND Miniatures Starter pack, which I had lamenated. It's all right, it's just that the markings from dry erase markers are hard to remove from the plastic once it drys.

Ds Da Man

First Post
I don't know about the battle map, but if you use window markers instead of dry erase, you'll have an easier time erasing.

dreaded_beast

First Post
Ds Da Man said:
I don't know about the battle map, but if you use window markers instead of dry erase, you'll have an easier time erasing.
Window markers?

Hmm, so windows markers should be easier to erase from lamenated plastic then?

Belen

Adventurer
Keeper of Secrets said:
The tactiles look pretty good, really. I have really considered getting a set of them but wanted to hear what others had to say.

Tact tiles are phenomenal! Best ancillary RPG product I ever bought!

Dracael

First Post
I agree! The tact-tiles are great. We use them in our game and have found them to be invaluable. They are defintely worht the investment.

Ratenef

Explorer
For those marker stains on plastic or the game boards, I would suggest you can remove them via one of the following two methods

1) Orange Clean Oven Cleaner -- spray on the foam, let it sit for a few moments and then with some good elbow grease they come off great (available at WalMart)

2) Expo White Board Cleaner (for dry erase surfaces) -- available in a handy little pump spray from business supply stores (Kinko's, Staples, etc.)

I find that the chessex mat (available in several sizes) worked really good. Then my wife and I took a 8 ft by 2.5 ft table (our gaming table) and covered it in a 1 inch by 1 inch grid (using permanent marker) and then covered it with clear shelving paper. We now have a mapping surface that is 30 squares by 96 squares (or 150 ft by 480 ft in game scale.)

Good luck with whatever mapping product you choose.

Catavarie

First Post
I actually use a 4 by 10 dry erase board that my old job was getting rid of, I just made a grid out of drafting tape and it works reat and cleans easy, and a freind of mine bought a sheet of glass 3 by 4 and placed a grid on the bottom with the same method and he marks the top.

Neither of these options are cheap but they both hold up for a really long time and look great.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases