Crossed Paths (Full)

Manzanita

First Post
I’d like to get another four or five players for our 3.5E DnD game Crossed Paths. This game has been going for nearly two years, and the players have risen from level 2 to level 5. We’ve lost several key players over the past few months and the game has ground to a halt. The current players are keen to continue, and I’ll expect them to help bring new players up to date.

I’d like players to be able to post several times a week. We use core rules only. Exceptions must be approved by the DM. There is no Rogue’s Gallary, as there is the potential for intercharacter conflict. Any alignment is allowed, assuming the background fits. (I think it might be difficult to fit in CN or CE PCs, since the characters must be motivated by more than just money or adventure.) I should also note that the party is currently in the 1979 Judges Guild module, The Caverns of Thracia, so if you’re familiar with that one, don’t apply.

This game is set in a fantasy version of the Roman Era Eurasia. The party is currently in the Crimean peninsula, but characters could have their origins virtually anywhere. I would prefer that most of the new players assume the persona of an existing PC, whose player has ‘retired’. This is because each character has a defined role to play in the plot. I will allow one player to introduce a new PC. Current PCs are a human (gypsy) rogue type, and an elven Wizard. Characters who need new players are:
1. Tullius, a male human Roman soldier who wears a chainshirt, and fights two handed with a battle axe and shortsword. Wears a magical amulet, the powers of which are known only to him. (Velmont)
2. Brioc Ap llwyd male human (Britain) Druid. Weilds a +1 scimitar, reptilian humanoid Bane. Party leader since inception. Has a human servent, Mendicus, and a wolf animal companion. Must have at least 3 levels as Druid. (Dr. Zombie)
3. Octar: Male Human Roman soldier. Wears breastplate, heavy shield, longsword, and magical black mighty (+4) long compositebow of unknown magic properties. Str 18 (Darkmaster)
4. Dhormium: Male Dwarf Cleric of Clangeddin Silverbeard. Breastplate and dwarven waraxe. Scroll of magic circle against evil, restoration, and remove curse. Must have at least 3 levels as cleric. (Barak)

For all PCs, take a default ability score array of 18, 16, 15, 14, 13, 10 (+1 for 4th level). Create the PC as you see fit w/in the boundries set above. PCs start @5th level, and are quite close to 6th. This is a low-magic campaign. Equip your PCs with two masterwork items and whatever else you want (w/in reason) from the base equipment list. All magic items are listed above. Further details of each PC will be forthcoming.

Interested players reply with your preferred character choice, and your secondary pick. If you prefer to play a new PC, there are a several options, which we can discuss via email. Post here and send your ideas to kiwipie at Juno dot com.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
I stumbled across the game about a year ago and read part of the story. I'd like to apply for the job of druid, or Tullius as a second choice.

Bobitron

Explorer
That really sounds like an interesting campaign. I'm too busy to join up right now, but best luck with the new players.

One question. How do you integrate all those characters into a single group?

Manzanita

First Post
Bobitron said:
One question. How do you integrate all those characters into a single group?

The original PCs were called together, as will become apparent as we post party history so far. Inez or Doghead, would you be interested in posting a summary of events thus far that are public knowledge to all PCs?

DarkMaster, and Wilphe, I've gamed with you both and would be very pleased to have you two join up.

DM gets Octar (an original party member previously played by ThomasHobbes.) I'll email you his private background soon. I know your email.

Wilphe, who do you want.

Dr. Zombie, you applied on a previous re-recruiting thread, as I recall, but passed in favor or a newby, who didn't last very long, but who did create Tullius. You're welcome to take over Brioc. He was an original, long played by Jarval. He's the leader, so he's a bit more of a challenge, but I know you're up for it. Post your email here, or send me one, so I can send you his private background.

Looking for one or two more.

Barak

First Post
I'd love to play Tullius or Octar, with perhaps a slight preference for Tullius.. Let me know and I'll whip him up. :)

Edit: Oops, I see Octar was picked up. The dwarven cleric would become my second choice, then. :)

e-mail would be jfmador (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Velmont

First Post
That's looks interesting. It might be a bit difficult to produce a character in the next two weeks. As you know, I'm travelling, but going back home in 2 weeks, from that moment, I'll have nothing much to do, and I'll be bale to be a constant poster. I think you have seen me enough played to know what is my style, so make your choice.

If you are willing to introduce a new character, I would gladly create a black african style character. (Yeah, my travels is inspiring me much :) ) For a predefine character, I feel more like playing Octar or Tullius.

If you need my e-mail:
julien.deslieres AT polymtl.ca

DrZombie

First Post
Aaah, bugger, I knew there was something about this game that seemed very familiar.

You can mail me at maarten dot kuppers at gmail dot com, and I'll start reading the game.

thanks,

Maarten

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases