EN World Guild Wars Guild?

Lasher Dragon

First Post
OK if an EN World Guild were to be made, would anyone be interested in doing some PvP?

<hearing his voice echo-echo-echo down the corridors> :lol:

driver8

First Post
Im seriously contemplating Guild Wars since my gaming time has become greatly truncated, GWs premise of quick action appeals to me.

To be honest the games PvP focus kind of scares me a little, since rpg PvP is often (but not always) prone to griefers. However, the PvP looks like it will be team based so it might be fun a Battlefield 1942 kind of way.

I guess Im a neutral right now..but if I was going to join a guild, Id join An ENWorld one..

Lasher Dragon

First Post
I don't plan on doing PvP until I have gone through all the PvE stuff. I tried the PvP over the beta event weekend and it was cool, I can see how there can be a myriad strategies involved. The first time I tried it I got stomped, the second time I went through with a buddy and we won. One thing you must keep in mind is this - you lose nothing in PvP except perhaps some pride. There are no XP penalties, no one can steal any of your belongings, etc.. So it's cool because you really have nothing to lose going in as a newb. :cool:

driver8

First Post
Yea, I played in one fo the early free weekends and did some eary version of PvP. I like online shooters, but the servers you often get on can be chaotic and vary in quality. GW could provide a stable environment for a fantasy "shooter" and that idea is sort of exciting if its done properly.

But heck the PvE missions were pretty fun and in some cases pretty involved-like defending against waves of attacking enemies. And I love that skill sets are limited once you go into battle.

Hmm now youre getting me psyched for the game.

Lasher Dragon

First Post
I know I am torturing myself... LOL

The PvE is the main reason I play games like this. I love being able to wander around on my own or with a buddy or 3 and just hack & slash. If you do get it and are looking for someone to go questing with let me know and we can go slay some monsters and get some loot hehehe.

I really had fun with a Ranger/Elementalist, but I am considering a Warrior/Ranger with the emphasis on Ranger. So I can fire my bow and get those neat bow skills, and then when the enemy closes bust out a sword & shield and get down & dirty. :]

driver8

First Post
So whos getting it? Im kinda bummed the release date is the 28th instead of Tuesday (today) like most games. Hopefully itll be in the stores then.

Anyway whay character names, classes are you going to try..since GW gives you a first and last name Ill probbaly go as a Warrior/Monk named..Impellus Octo

Anyone else?

Lasher Dragon

First Post
I have 4 names reserved:
Gor Gashbasher - Warrior/something, not sure yet
Lasher Dragon - was a Necro/Monk, not sure what I'll do now
Sinthea (something, can't remember hehe) - she was a Ranger/Elementalist... think I'll change her to Ranger/something else
Miss Kleo - Mesmer/never got around to getting a second class with her

If anyone wants to hook up to play, I'll be online in Skype. IIRC my Skype account is Lasher_Dragon. I'm at work now so can't verify. I will be doing PvE exclusively until I unlock all the goodies, then I will try my hand at PvP. Another way to get a hold of me is through my email: lasher (at) mchsi.com.

:cool: I can't wait - at midnight Pacific time tonight the servers reopen and those who preordered can begin their 48 hour headstart wooohooo!

spider_minion

First Post
I'm interested in this game for one reason: no monthly fees. I've never actually played a MMORPG before, but I'd like to broaden my gaming horizons without my account being bled dry.

driver8

First Post
Got mine and its all loaded up..just awaiting the starting gun tonite at 12:01. Which is good sicne I dont have time this afternoon. Ill definately be reading the manual though it looks very nice with alot of background info, mythos and story.

I should have gotten the collectors edition with the free headset and other goodies but I just couldnt bring myself to. I so cheap.

C'mon no one else but us three are tracking this game?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases