Crossed Paths Part V

Manzanita

First Post
See my sig for links to the other threads. This thread continues directly from part IV, and directly into combat, for what its worth, because that's where we left off. Hop on in! For convienence sake, I'll assume we're all at full HPs and full spells, excect one Detect Magic for Ehldannis.

Welcome all new players. You're a great bunch of players and I think we're in for an exciting game! The re-recruting thread includes a summary background.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
dangerous skulls

Marcus enters the small room to investigate the bodies. He carries a lantern in one hand and his blade in the other. Ehldannis heads straight to the dead end ahead, suspecting a secret door. He has found so many secret doors in this complex that he has begun suspecting them everywhere. Octar and Brioc wait back where the corridor branches, perhaps discussing something quietly. Brioc's wolf sits patiently at his heal. His servent, Mendicus stands near, but not too near. His hand clenches his loaded crossbow so tightly that his knuckles are white. He carries a lit torch in the other hand. Tullius and Dhormium stand outside the small room as Marcus enters.

As Marcus moves into the room, the lantern sends the shadows inching across the walls. By the time he reaches the first prostrate body, he realizes something is amiss. Although he has stopped, the shadows are still moving. Right at HIM! With a shout, he jerks back too late as a dark appendage passes through his arm. It is not painful, per se, but it is cold, and the Gypsy feels his muscles chill, and his arm weaken.

Party can now act. Initiative order, in this instance, determined by posting order. Assume everyone heard Marcus' shout.

Attachments

• level3.JPG
    level3.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 105

Velmont

First Post
Tullius

As Tullius sees a shadow that jump at Marcus throat, he quickly draw his weapons and move foward and try to attack the shadows.

"Marcus, there's your chance to acheive your dream. It's time to dance. Dhormium, you want to sing for us?"

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis's hackles raise at Marcus's shout, sure that there had been nothing in the room.... but several skeletal remains. Undead! A panic sets into the Elf as he backs into the corner and begins muttering a mantra over and over under his breath, nervously glancing around.

[OOC: ready Burning Hands which he will cast at the sight of any 'undead']

Barak

First Post
At the sight of more undead, Dhormium's face takes on a more serious cast. Taking a few steps to insure he's in full view, fully aware that it will attract all of the undead's attention, but not caring overly much, he raises his right arm while fingering the Symbol carved into his breastplate, and intoning loudly the words learned under the tutelage of his mentor.

"By the might of Clangeddin Silverbeard, listen and fear, foul creatures! Begone, before I draw my axe!"

OOC:
Err. Turn undead. :) Not sure how you handle rolls in this game, do you use a dice roller, or roll for us?

P.S.: I'll e-mail you a list of prepared spells for Dhormium

doghead

thotd
Marcus, human male gypsy

Marcus' spirit quails at the sight of the shadows of the dead. At their icy touch, he almost dispairs.

I am going to die here. At the hands of these lost souls. What use are my weapons against such of these.

Magic, Marcus believes, is all that can touch such of these and he has none to hand. His mind fills with the horrendous image of him flailing helplessly as the ghosts, mocking him with some parody of laughter as his sword passes uselessly throught them, freeze his soul.

The battle cry of Dhormium shatters the nightmarish tableaux. Marcus' spirit surges. Marcus reacts, throwing himself out of the way of the ghosts. With no possiblity of harming them, he concentrates on doing his best to avoid getting hit while he gets the hell out of the room.

ooc: Get the hell out of Dodge. Go on the defensive if its necessary, but otherwise focus on getting out of range. Get out of the room and allow Dhormium a clear shot. * Tumble +12, Mobility (+4 dodge bonus when moving out of a theatened area - I assume thats relevent here).

two cents: its Manzanita's call, but my vote is for straight default text colour. I'm not a fan of the crayola approach, and colours that work in one style don't necessarily work in another.

and: welcome to CP everyone. May we all live to see the end of the page.

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Hearing the sound of battle Octar rushes towards his friend Marcus, his bow ready in hand.

OOC Double move. He should now be on Dhormiums on the map.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

Tullius bravely leaps into the room in defense of his companion. Targetting the nearest shadow figure, his axe and sword swoosh through the air in a blur. Tullius can't tell if his axe should have hit, but his sword thrust was a beauty, striking dead center in the creature's chest. But there is no impact. The legionaire stumbles forward, having done no apparent damage to the apparition.

Dhormium has greater success. His incantation sends the closer three shadows flitting across the room. They disapear into the wall on the north. This allows Marcus to retreat out of the room without exposing him to additional attacks. He squeezes past Dhormium, to see Octar approaching at a run. Mendicus, paler than ever, presses himself against the wall to let Octar past.

In the room now, Tullius sees the remaining shadows flit towards him. They are completely noiseless, but visible. They look like shadows but no longer cling to the wall. They move out into the room towards him. Quick on his feet, Tullius evades two of the dark figures, who reach out towards him. The third he can't avoid, and its ghostly appendage passes through his armor, through his arm, leaving a numbing chill in its wake.

(Tullius' strenth is dropped by 6; Marcus lost 2)

Brioc can still act in round 1.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus pulls up in the corridor, panting. Small tremors run along his muscles. His sword feels heavy. Their touch sucked the very vitality from me! He glances one way then the other.

"Tullius! Get yourself out of there. Ordinary steel will not hurt those things I think."

Marcus turns the elvan sorceror. He notices the flames licking around his hands.

"Ehldannis, you don't want to get trapped in that corner. Can your magicks hurt ghost spirits?"

Marcus backs a few steps down the corridor towards where Brioc stands. It clears the space around the door, giving Ehldannis space to fall back to, and Brioc room to move up into.

"Brioc. Your scimitar would be useful right now I think."

DrZombie

First Post
"Here, you take it. I have other means to combat this" Brioc says as his eyes begin to flicker like a flame. In his right hand a flaming scimitar slowly takes shape.
(Cast flame blade)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases