Crossed Paths Part V

Velmont

First Post
Tullius looks at the man who follows Ecgthow for a moment.

"My name is Tullius, and your story lack originality. It seems some kind of habit here. Slaugther by orcs, kidnapping by dog-heads, rescue by those..." he tells, pointing the group behind him. "In your case, you have done some the job it seems.

I suggest not to relax too much, those shadows may come back anytimes."

Inez Hull

First Post
"If Ecthgow is going to travel with us once more then perhaps we should cloth and arm him with whatever he can spare. As for his companion, we can do little but clothe him for now. Once we complete our arrangement with the Sphinx perhaps we can return him to his folk.

What lies through the door you have just passed through Ecthgow? Do we need to investigate it?"

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Some sort of lifting cage device in which we ascended and a bunch of skelatons. Of course I didn't have any light and was wandering blind til I heard your voices so there may be things I missed. I cared rather more about finding my way out then looking at where I was."

Barak

First Post
Dhormium shakes his head at the wasted time.

"Regardless, I suggest we move on. There are shadows about, and they do not seem intent on showing themselves at the moment. But pretty soon my axe will cease to be effective against them, as will what little I was able to do about the strenght their fellows sapped. And I suspect that then they will show. I would prefer not to be here then."

DrZombie

First Post
"Good to have you back, you raving lunatic." Brioc says as he pats the norseman on the back. "Let us go ahead, and make a safe camp somewhere. There we can eat and rest, and you can tell us your story."

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus wonders if there is a place down in this dismal hole in the ground that you could call safe. But he agrees with the sentiment anyway.

DarkMaster

First Post
While the other seems convinced of Dhormium identity, Octar stays sceptical. He follows the other without a word for now, but keeps an eye on Dhormium and his so called friend.

He still have a hard time beleiving that those two could have survived in their state so long in here. Perhaps this place is only guarded by the shadowy creature, and if left undisturbed do not attack.

"Only time will tell" he thinks to himself.

Manzanita

First Post
Through the secret door

The party continues to talk softly as they advance through the passage from whence Ecgthow emerged. The corridor winds north and ends in a large circular chamber full of skelletons scattered around the floor. In the center of the room is a steel basket, large enough for several men. Chains on top indicate it could perhaps be raised or lowered, just as Ecgthow had said.

The skelletons are of various types. Many are human. Some are not. Brioc is able to identify many as gnolls, based on the many the party has slain. Most skelletons show the remains of having worn armor and carried weapons, but almost all of these are rusted and useless. Some of the skelletons appear to be of even stranger origin.

It would take a few minutes to search the room. There is also a closed door on the north wall.

Attachments

• level3.JPG
    level3.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 58

DrZombie

First Post
Brioc enters the room. He looks around carefully, half-convinced the skeletons will rise and attack. If they fail to do so he will look a bit closer, trying to see if he can determine their cause of death.

Velmont

First Post
Tullius approach the pit and look down in it. "I would not even be surprise to see the Styx at the bottom of this pit. Well, if it is the case, we will be able to take a bath. I still have the smell of those dog-heads on me."

After that, he starts to scan the equipement of the skelleton, to see their fabric, if he can identify from which civilization or tribe it has been made, and if by luck, there would not be one usable enough for there new found friend, even if he doubt.

Remove ads