Crossed Paths Part V

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Velmont said:
"Why Pluto doesn't keep those foul creature in his domain?"

Marcus grins, but keeps his eyes on the rooms and corridor ahead.

"No argument from me on that, Tullius."

In particular Marcus keeps an eye on Ehldannis. The sorcerer has some tricks up his sleave, as Marcus has seen, but, at the moment, has nowhere to back away to.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 3

Ehldannis, cornered by the dark shape, focuses his energies and summons a powerful jolt of electricity to his hand. Reaching out, he thrusts his hand into the shadow, and, with a burst of light and smell of ozone, blows the creature to pieces. Dark flakes of ash slowly float to the ground.

Marcus and Brioc flank the next shadow as it emerges from the wall, reaching for each of them with armlike appendages. The black and the fire scimitars each rip through the black form tearing two large gashes. Silently, the rest of its form fades into little more than a scent of death.

Dhormium stands in the doorway and hacks at the last shadow with his axe. It is a good blow, powerful and directly into the dark shape, but it passes through w/o a ripple. The dwarf is then unable to avoid the chilly touch of the creature, leaving him weakened and cold. (drains 3 str from Dhormium)

The last shadow is in the doorway. Marus or Brioc could move in to attack. Ehldannis could also move in from the other side.

Barak

First Post
Dhormium winces as the coldness of the shadow reaches and sap the strenght from his body. He also notices that the abomination doesn't seem hindered in the least by his armor, or shield.

This will not do.

"Clangeddin, lend me your strenght!"

And, dropping his shield, he grabs his axe in both hands and swings at the thing again.

OOC
Drops shield, grabs axe in two hands. Call upon the strenght Domain for a +5 to strenght, for a net benefit of +2. Swing at shadow, using power attack for 3 again, which means..
+6 to-hit, d10+13
he's still my dodge "target"

Velmont

First Post
Holding the lantern, Tullius watch without a word, trying to stay as close to action as possible, so the shadow can be in the light area, but at the same time, trying to not be in teh way of the people figthing"

DrZombie

First Post
"Wolf, Back down". Brioc orders his wolf out of the fray, knowing that the animal is incapable of defending itself against the wraiths.
"Come on men, we're almost there." he says and tries again to flank a shadow, plunging his fiery blade deep into the black shadow.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Seeing the shadow caught between two opponents, Marcus pushes cautiously forwards, scimitar held in both hands. If nothing else, he hopes to distract the thing enough to give Brioc a better crack at it.

ooc: Fight defensively if possible. I don't really understand dnd combat rules. Aid Brioc? Keep the things attention so Brioc gets the flanking bonus. Something like that.
*melee -1 (with str penalty and fighting defensively), +2 AC

Manzanita

First Post
Round 4

Dhormium steps to his left, allowing Marcus and Brioc to move into to striking range. The dwarf swings again, but can't find his mark in the chaotic battle. Marcus and Brioc fare better, and again the black and the flaming scimitars tear through the insubstantial form, ripping large gashes in its fabric. The shape does not reform, but fades, leaving the smell of putrid corpses in its wake.

For the moment, the scene is quiet. In the room, the three skulls still lay arranged in the center surrounded by 12 black robed, ancient corpses, each with the familiar turquoise pendant around its neck. The eye sockets of the skulls glint in the lanternlight.

DarkMaster

First Post
Octar seeing that the battle is over make his way to the others.

"Sorry friends, I couldn't do anything to help here."

He then turns towards his compagnion Marcus and notice how bleak is the poor men.

"By Saturn, what did these creature did to you?"

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma

DarkMaster said:
"By Saturn, what did these creature did to you?"

"Nothing that they didn't do to Tullius and Brioc I think, only worse for them. Between us we would probably struggle to lift a tankard.

Marcus casts a baleful glance in the direction of the pendants.

"I still think that those jewels were the culprits. There were six of them. What of the other three? Did you banish them back to whichever underworld they came from, Dhormium?

"Or will they be back? And if so, how many should we expect, three or six?"

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis stays in his corner, furtively glancing for the signs of more shadows and continues to engage in the reassurance of spell casting, quickly invoking a Mage Armour.

Remove ads