Fight Club

Magonus

First Post
If you liked the movie, read the book. It's even better (though the movie is incredibly faithful) and the ending is excellent.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Count me in with Crothian. The first time I saw it I thought it was a moderately enjoyable film to watch with some interesting ideas. On successive views though it lost the entertainment factor and the points the movie were trying to make seemed a lot more forced and less interesting, to me at least.

So, my final conclusion is that is a decent little movie with delusions of grandeur and shouldn't be the basis of your entire worldview. Yeah, that's extreme I know, but I know about twenty kids who seriously base their entire life on that movie.

Magonus said:
If you liked the movie, read the book. It's even better (though the movie is incredibly faithful) and the ending is excellent.
I liked the book too, but actually thought the movie was better. It was really one of the best novel-to-film conversions I've seen since The Godfather, and you can tell much respect was paid to the source while still finding its own vision. I'd take the movie's ending over the book's anyday.

Captain Tagon said:
Yeah, that's extreme I know, but I know about twenty kids who seriously base their entire life on that movie.

Well, if their choices were Fight Club and oh, let's say, Event Horizon, I know which one I'd like them to base their worldview on :D.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases