Star Wars: Wrong place at the wrong time: OOC

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
This is a SW game set in the Clone Wars era, all of the PC's will be 2nd level regulars and 1st level heros, they'll be on the planet of Depra II when the Separitist army attacks. Stats will be 26 point buy. Before you get stats hower I'd like to see some character concepts.

Last edited:

RobotRobotI

First Post
Does the No Jedi thing still stand?

I'd like to play a fellow I came up with anyways - if it's feasible. His name was Rikkin, a Twi'lek Jedi-Turned-Smuggler. He was made for a game that never got off the ground. I can flesh this out a lot more, but before I do, I'd like to know if he'll be accepted despite being a [fallen] Jedi. And for clarification... although Rikkin is technically a dark Jedi, he's not very deep into the dark side - he just gave up on the Jedi when he realized they wouldn't allow him to better himself through the Force.

I'd also like to know why we've got to waste two levels on 'commoner' levels.

Last edited:

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
No the no jedi thing no longer stands, I only put that in because I'd just had to deal with a super-munchkin Jedi ruining the whole gaming sesson I'd had the day before.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Awesome. Character Concept, then. Some of the specifics might need changing, I don't know what era you're aiming for or anything.

Rikkin was born on Coruscant, and taken in by the Jedi when his force sensitivity was first noticed. He was raised as a padawan into adulthood by his master, a human Jedi Guardian by the name of Kal Thrinn. He followed his mentors tutelage for many years, becoming more powerful and versed in the force with each mission, each passing quest. Eventually, the time came for him to take his test and join the ranks of the Jedi Knights - but he did not. He began to have doubts - this wasn't what he wanted, was it? To be a peacekeeper, a soldier of goodness?

No - not at all. Rikkin just wanted a chance to do what was best for himself. He turned his back on the council and the Jedi way, and left Coruscant altogether, to begin his search for a more rewarding lifestyle.

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
We commonor levels represent what you did before becomeing a hero some examples are; local malita soldier (Thug), functionary (diplomat), mechanic (expert), for the Jedi it represents other skills you've learned.

Candide

First Post
If you have space, I'd like to join in. I was thinking of a Thug/Jedi Guardian character. He'd multiclass back and forth with Scoundrel I think. With his lack of focus, he might give in to the dark side. There is a large amount of anger in him. Something that he has not been able to deal with in his Force Training. This character would be another dark jedi added to the line-up. I hope that's alright.

Zar'fan Lokinne was born on Coruscant to a pair of noble parents, one a senator the other a diplomat. He didn't want to do the same things that they wanted for him. He didn't want the prescribed life that had been layed out for him since birth. His parents thought he needed structure, so he was sent to a military academy. He was passed though he intentionally tried to fail the entrance exams. This was thanks due to a fair sized donation from his parents. His life was still planned out. There was no freedom in it. Eventually he ran away, vowing never to return there on his own volition. He had some money in his equipment, and snuck out of the compound.

He was on the lamb for awhile. A day or so after his break, he successfully negotiated passage back to Coruscant. He'd get some of his stuff and find a way in the galaxy. Upon his return, he was greeted by his father. Not listening to his sons' plees, arguments were started. Zar'fan said that he'd rather be off on his own. His father released him from any dealings with the family. He was disowned.

That was 8 years ago. Since then Zar'fan was discovered by a Jedi named Dorn Farrin. Farrin accepted Zar'fin as a padawan learner. Now Zar'fan is a Jedi Knight. He has strayed from his training that Master Dorn instilled in him. Zar'fan believes that structure holds someone back from true potential. Zar'fan's outlook on things is not exactly stellar. He throws himself into combat, as if to give his own life meaning. Anger rests in his heart. Anger at his parents mostly. But anger at those who have tried to dictate how his life is to be run. Deep down, fear is the motivation of his anger. Fear that he cannot make his own way in the galaxy. Fear that he'll make the wrong choices and fail.

DralonXitz

First Post
Hey, Id love in, heres my character concept.

Klitok Nytethrax, the very name used to eminate terror on his home planet of Clak'Dor VII. Son of a powerful crime lord, from a young age, Klitok disobeyed everyone, even his own powerful father. He tried to inspire his son to be like him, but he refused, calling him a fool by resorting to petty crime to garnish power. After 12 years of putting up with him, his father decided to send him away to a boarding school.

This was his father's worst mistake.

When his father came in to get him, Klitok spun around and delivered a deadly force to his father chest, crushing his ribcage and instantly killing him. His father knew his son was strong, but he never knew his son had been studying since age 4 in the ancient forbidden form of Teras Kasi, Phoenix Fury. Klitok went on to slaughter his father's entire local outfit, and left the planet afterwards.

Seeking further knowledge in these deadly arts, Klitok journeyed planet to planet, studying under the few sensei's still in the galaxy. After 10 years of wandering, Klitok, the Hand of Death, has found himself on Depra II, in need of supplies, unaware of what approaches.

Ambrus

Explorer
Ooh... I've been iching to play a Star Wars campaign for quite a while. If possible, I'd like to play a droid PC. Is that acceptable? My first choice would be a Arakyd Industries DRK-1 Series Diminutive hovering 4º probe droid (with an arm instead of its standard weapon mount). It starts as a Thug 4, ECL 2. (Arms & Equipment Guide, p.60)

As for a character concept, well, the campaign name says it all: wrong place at the wrong time. The particular details of my background would depend on the circumstances at the begining of the campaign. I imagine my former owner would simply be an unfortunate victim of the initial Separatists' attack leaving me without a master. Perhaps my probe droid was out patroling an area of his masters' domain or en-route to deliver a secret message when the initial attack occurs. Perhaps I was even the governem owned sentry droid who first detected the invasion force and sounded the alarm. Now I'm wandering about looking for a new purpose and the means to ensure my continued functioning. I see it developing a taste for its newfound freedom and autonomy.

I'll add details about past owners and personal experiences once I get some feedback.

If you'd prefer to have something that can interact with organics a bit better, my second choice would be that of a Cybot Galactica LE Series medium walking 2º repair droid. It starts as an Expert 1 / Tech-smith 2, ECL 2. (Arms & Equipment Guide, p.50)

The background would be fairly similar; a droid out and about doing some repair work when the s;););) hits the fan.

Please let me know if a droid is okay. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases