Lich's Phylactery and Personal Range Spells

ciaran00

Explorer
I was wondering if there is any official word on this: Could a lich cast personal-range spells on his phylactery, provided that certain limitations (such as only one contingency at any one time) apply to both him and his phylactery?

Thanks

ciaran

Starglim

Explorer
Spells cast on a creature generally affect its equipment as well. Conversely, personal range spells are not often suited to cast on unattended objects. What spells did you have in mind?

ciaran00

Explorer
Why don't I post a nice little picture :)

"Sphere of force" to be developed. Sequester cast three times: once on phy, once on the inner sphere bunch, once on outer sphere. Chain contingency is available through Cydra spells (the Jester!). Symbols are ALL symbols (maybe even multiple castings of the same ones) cast into the inner lining of the given sphere.

ciaran

Attachments

• phy.png
    phy.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

UltimaGabe

First Post
Um... you realize that the Lich has to be able to come out of his phylactery, right? I mean, it's fine to have your Phylactery all safe and whatnot, but the reason that every Lich doesn't just hide his in the middle of a lava flow and wait for it to cool is because once the lava hardens, it's not gonna be any use to him, since there's no way he can come out of it. You kinda can't enclose it within an inch of adamantine and put all sorts of nasty spells on it if you want your Lich to be able to make use of it.

Remove ads