Destiny's Tears OOC Thread- Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Destiny's Tears In Character
Destiny's Tears Rogue's Gallery
NeoSpelljamming House Rules Encylopaedia

Hi everybody! Welcome to the OOC Thread for Destiny's Tears, the first PbP adventure ever in the Neo-Spelljamming setting discussed in my other thread. I say I'm only sort of recruiting because I currently have a large number of folks who signed up for this adventure in the other thread, and they get first priority, even if you post here before they do. That said, you can always post your interest here anyway, and you might make it in and/or perhaps I might start another game (but only if I have a lot of people here who have to be cut).

Destiny's Tears is a story about a group of adventurers from across the known spheres who travel on a mission to distant lands. There will be exploration, combat, intrigue, and opportunities for stealth, so every character type will most likely get a chance to shine. That said, one of the players and both alternates are playing nature-connected characters, two of which particularly fight against those who defile nature, and another player is a fey who is formed from the forces of nature, so you won't be able to play that Kill-all-the-Plants concept you always wanted or even a Dragonlord, unless you are keen on deceiving the entire party.

So far, we have the following tentative players:

Brother Shatterstone (0th-player): Molpe, Naiad Siren [Almost Completed]
Keia (1st-player): Zykovian T'Erilan, Altanian Arcanist or Dolathi Marksman [2nd Completed]
Eonthar (2nd-player): Abdiel Lyanthra, Mojiin Preserver [4th Completed]
Thanee (3rd-player): Melody, Dolathi Eldritch Infiltrator [1st Completed]
Khavren: (4th-player) Fedowin, Rowaini Swashbuckler [Almost Completed]
FreeXenon (5th-player): Mhrazhar D'el,Mojiin Avenger [3rd Completed]
Unleashed (1st-alternate): Praetorian Warmage [Unbound]
Seeten (2nd-alternate): Aura or Anthousa (or I guess maybe Sidhe for the last one) Swanmay or Nymph or Enchantress [Unbound]

So come and join us in a world of exploration, adventure, magic, and mystery, especially if your name is above and even if it isn't!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rules of the Game (As I remember them):

Characters are built by rolling 4d6 drop 7 times and picking the 6 of the 7 stats that you like best. Canny players faced with a character with stats like: 5 10 8 8 11 9 18 will drop the 18 so that they become hopeless and can roll again ;)

Starting level is 2 with 2,000 XP (so halfway to 3), which is actually pretty darn powerful with the races and classes I'm giving you guys. However, I tend to run experience similarly to old editions in that I level the PCs up much more quickly at low levels, so for better or worse, you may not be level 2 for long. That said, this adventure was playtested and won by a group of 1st-level characters. They had trouble with the combats, but they were able to roleplay their way out of it.

Starting gold and equipment: Contact me, please! I'm not an economist by any stretch, but my worlds do have varying economic quirks, and certain places make it easier to find certain items (and special materials!). For instance, if you are from Eldiz, you can find almost anything in the big city's markets, but the prices are super-inflated!

Hit points: Maximum at level 1, roll for level 2, but just take half (rounded down) if you roll below half.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
House Rules (changes to the core 3.5 stuff):

Power Attack gives 1.5/.5, not 2/0

Spell Focus gives +2, but Greater Spell Focus still only give another +1

Improved Critical and Keen stack

1 and 20 are not automatic failures are successes, but they probably will be. Instead, we roll again and then add either +20 or -20 to the result depending on if it was a 1 or a 20. If a 21 is high enough to hit or a 0 is low enough to miss, we won't bother though. This method helps protect the characters from absurdly easy opponents who instakill them on a bad roll.

Death and Dying rules are as-per Arcana Unearthed. So you stay conscious til negative your Con bonus, and you only die at negative your Con score.

Damage Reduction is a hybrid of 3.0 and 3.5.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Frukathka said:
Here are my rolls for my Mojiin Ecomancer, Raelia Volhurt.

And here is the result for the 1d20.
Dude, like the average number of 18s is 1.666666 now! By the way, I'm allowing this because its my fault again, but just so maybe the third person will do it right, I want to see a post of the link to the d20. Then, when I say OK, you roll the 7d6. This ensures that you didn't just make up fifty characters and then post the one who had high stats.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Rystil Arden said:
This ensures that you didn't just make up fifty characters and then post the one who had high stats.
I swear on my grandfather's grave that I would not do such a thing. I only rolled for stats once.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Frukathka said:
I swear on my grandfather's grave that I would not do such a thing. I only rolled for stats once.
I believe you. That's why your character stays :) I just want to have peace of mind. And it doesn't help that both of the characters of players that misunderstood me had two 18s ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases