Looking for conversion of A Paladin in Hell

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
Yup, I'm kinda thinkin' of subjecting some deserving PCs to this deadly fate. Since I'm generally a lazy DM, I thought I would ask if anyone has seen/made/heard of a decent conversion for the adventure. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Not much to add to this one. I haven't heard of any per se conversions, but really, all the monsters in it have already been updated, that I know of. It may, however, require some tweaking for levels of monsters to make them more or less of a threat.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Where are the stats for Geryon, by the way? I was looking at this module the other day, and started looking for his stats for 3e. Couldn't find them in any of the books I have handy.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
BOZ said:
was he not in Book of Vile Darkness?

Nope. There is a brief mention of him under "Archedevils," p.143, BoVD: "With the help of a lord named Geryon, Asmodeus convinced the armies of each side to turn against each of their masters. All of the other archdevils fell before the onslaught of their own troops. Asmodeus reinstated most of them - with the exception of Moloch, who was replaced by the Hag Countess, and Geryon, whose position was taken by Levistus. (Leave it to the master of all hell to betray the only archdevils that remained loyal to him.)"

And, sorry BOZ; I see he's actually on the Creature Catalog site, as well as in Tome of Horrors I. I'd've sworn he wasn't in there. Sheesh. I must've been blind or stupid...or both.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i often get confused as to which ones are in ToH and BoVD... wish they had all been in the same place (and i'm sure i'm not the only one). :p

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Now that I look at him, Geryon is a CR29 critter. That's awfully tough for A Paladin In Hell, I think, even given that it's a tough module.

Last edited:

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
Whoa, didn't think anybody cared about this thread and ignored it. I was really just looking for an easy out...yeah, I'm that lazy. I'll probably just use straight converstions and adapt the number of monsters and or environment modifiers to adjust the EL. As for Geryon, I might make him weaker or just turn him into a plot device....assuming I want to keep on playing this. As is, I just want a good old fashion meat grinder for a couple of spare summer nights. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases